Do you need help or want to help others with challenges your organization is facing with COVID-19?

Tasha Bishop
Tasha Bishop Employee
edited 06/16/22 in Smartsheet Basics

Hi Smartsheet Community! I am Tasha Bishop, and I lead the Customer Success organization at Smartsheet. Though we are all facing unprecedented challenges in this new reality in light of the COVID-19 pandemic, I have been touched by how these difficult times have also brought out the best in people. Several members of my team have been contacted by their customers with an offer to give back to the community at large by putting their talents and Smartsheet skills to good use. This could take the form of building out a process workflow, template, or other COVID-related content in Smartsheet, or even brainstorming or providing inspiration to help healthcare organizations, hospitals, or non-profits ideate on how to tackle the problems they are currently facing. We know that the people and organizations who are on the front lines battling this unprecedented disease need some extra support right now.

If you have a skill to offer that you think could benefit those on the front lines fighting COVID-19 during this time, please share it here. And conversely, if you are an organization working to address the COVID-19 pandemic, please post your needs or requests for help here. We hope that by starting this conversation and providing a platform for our customers to connect with each other, together as a community we can scale our reach and help limit the spread of the virus. When we band together as a community to support those who need it most, we’re all better for it.

And finally, a simple request to make this “matching game” more effective: If you are seeking help, please start the title of your request with "SEEKING HELP." If you are offering assistance, please either reply to a SEEKING HELP post or start a new discussion starting with "OFFERING ASSISTANCE."

Tags:

Comments

• Kyle Chipman
    Kyle Chipman Overachievers

OFFERING ASSISTANCE

Good morning - my name is Kyle Chipman, and I am the Chief Process Officer at Chipman Design Architecture. I would be happy to help any organization facing this pandemic, in any capacity. I've been working with the platform for about five years and have scaled its use across our firm to handle all manner of task, from project and personnel to operations. We've built a custom API tool to help move information at scale. I've also grown adept at conceptualizing macro-coordination through process and workflow modeling.

Specifically, I can:

• Review formulas

• Review conditional formatting and visual hierarchy

• Conceptualize and help implement workflows / automations / cell linking strategies

• Identify opportunities to make structured API calls

Ultimately, I want to use the skills and insights developed by time and team to help those who need it most. I look forward to solving, together.

Regards,

Kyle Chipman

• Dave Gordon
    Dave Gordon ✭✭✭✭

OFFERING ASSISTANCE

Hi Tasha,

I am happy to assist in anyway that I can.  

As a suggestion why not create your own Smartsheet form and publish to the Web with auto-numbers to potentially allow individuals with providing "additional information" to assist in the matching requirements.  

Here's an example - see https://app.smartsheet.com/b/publish?EQBCT=257928577c674ee3bb168fe7fb42058e

The entry form is here https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/3a356eadcd844c0c80a2a7e43ef577cf

Regards

Dave

• OFFERING ASSISTANCE

Hi Tasha - my name is Mike Coffman, and I'm a Legal Project Manager at Aramark in Philadelphia. I've been a Smartsheet user for about five years, and I'm Smartsheet-certified. Since our Legal Department isn't strictly focused on core project management functions, I've developed a lot of experience in using Smartsheet in non-project-management ways. Since we have several friends and relatives in medical and first-responder roles, I'd be particularly interested in volunteering to help small organizations in that area who are trying to get up and running with Smartsheet to manage their workflow.

Specifically, I could provide the following types of guidance:

• Basic Smartsheet functionality guidance

• Review Smartsheet and make suggestions about feature implementation or ways to improve

• Help with concepting, design, and implementation of Smartsheet workflows and processes to address end-user needs

• General brainstorming and project overview to determine optimal uses of Smartsheet for a given situation. We've used it in a lot of creative ways in the Aramark Legal Department, so I'd be happy to share thoughts and ideas about applying it to someone's situation.

Thanks for doing this! If I can help someone or some organization out, please feel free to reply here or to message me through Smartsheet Community, and I'll get in touch.

Mike Coffman, Haddonfield, NJ

• OFFERING ASSISTANCE

I am an early retired non-profit executive with time and experience to share while stranded in the United States. (My boat/home, s/v Grateful is in Monastir, Tunisia, which is solidly locked down.)

In my career I provided CEO and C-Suite communications advisement to one of the nation's largest non-profit youth and family services institutions. At this national office I also served as subject matter expert on volunteer service and learning to our 1,000+ affiliates.

Not only can I help with messaging strategy, ghostwriting and/or editing -- but I have significant time available with few other obligations.

Crisis communications is my forte. I have handled norovirus outbreaks and the media spotlight during the evacuation and clean up of an island-based camp. I have been the spokesperson for explaining multiple child abuse allegations and organizational responses. I worked on the Healthcare Task Force for Seattle CityClub, where in the early 2000s we were already strategizing coordinated pandemic response.

Let me know what you need. We can work out an arrangement that helps your company or institution weather these exceptional times.

Here is my profile on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/in/monicaelenbaas

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

OFFERING ASSISTANCE

Hi, I'm Andrée!

Feel free to contact me about help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or something else entirely.

I'm always happy to help!

E: andree@workbold.com

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Hi. I'm Meghan Hale and I'd be happy to help in any way. I am currently senior project manager for WellSky, a software and services company supporting healthcare and community providers. I oversee program management for our marketing organization. While marketing is really busy with COVID support right now, we are not embarking on many new ventures so I have bandwidth. Please let me know if I can help create project management processes, workflows or dashboards. I have been using Smartsheet for several years and am happy to help. My email is meghan.hale@wellsky.com.

Thank you,

Meghan

• OFFERING ASSISTANCE

Hi. I'm Melissa DeLong. I used to be a product manager at Smartsheet - so I know my way around it pretty well. I am not currently working so I have time and would happily give it to organizations fighting COVID. I have experience in high pressure emergency situations. I have experience developing business systems across the business landscape from finance and accounting to sales and marketing and everything in between. My email is lakelimerick@outlook.com.

Here is my profile on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/meldel/

• SEEKING ASSISTANCE

Hi all, I'm Amy Donahue, working at a health/human services nonprofit, www.Advocates.org. We provide 24/7 residential support to people with disabilities, brain injuries and/or mental health challenges in 80 group homes across eastern MA. Our staff is considered front-lines in caring for over 1200 people in their homes.

I am trying to develop an inventory tracking system for PPE and other required equipment that is being purchased and/or donated to us. Also need a way to show distribution to various locations. Surely someone is using smartsheet for inventory tracking?? I could use some assistance in getting my barebones inventory list, reports and dashboard off the ground? Email me at adonahue@advocates.org. Thank you and stay safe!

• Kyle Chipman
    Kyle Chipman Overachievers
    edited 04/02/20

Evening @Dave Gordon @Michael Coffman @Monica Fox Elenbaas @Andrée Starå @meghan.hale66546 @Melissa L DeLong - looks like we have our first opportunity to help one another! Thanks for seeking out the offer-ers, @Amy Donahue .

Our first step will be to create a Smartsheet workspace to house an initiative-wide team member-indexing sheet, alongside a www.Advocates.org folder containing task and project schedule. The question then becomes the arena of back-and-forth communication, whether we use Smartsheet Conversations, comments and @ notifications or create a Slack team (or something akin). It feels like keeping things Smartsheet-centric will be the superior route - everything in one platform. I've also been itching to flex on the overhauled Smartsheet Conversations feature, having been MS Teams-bound for about two years running.

In terms of workspace, not sure if it makes long-term sense for one of us to host (I'm happy to kick us off and trasnfer ownership down the line) or for @Tasha Bishop and Smartsheet to host and invite us as Admins. I'm also a big believer in the power of names and naming conventions; we'll want to find something with kinetic, phonetic charge to rally around. We can start with "Smartsheet Community" til something snappier organically sprouts.

Enthused to dig in as a crew! As excited to help Amy as I am to pick up techniques from one another that help the next person in need. Another thought - we could publish a Smartsheet dashboard based off our workspace / sheet infrastructure to post to this thread and beyond. Incorporate the basic intake webforms that Dave flagged up top to scale and disseminate our community support / request efforts. I'm also pretty sure we're based around the globe - when we set up our team member indexing and identify who wants to help on Amy's specific initiative, we'll want to include time zones for scheduling purposes.

Looking forward to moving to the next step together.

• Dave Gordon
    Dave Gordon ✭✭✭✭
    edited 04/02/20

Here's my suggestion at high-level of the activities/tasks that need to be listed in a sheets and assigned to one individual ... 

1. Arrange a group meting
    2. Go through the detailed requirements with Amy, and if necessary assign a  Project Manager 
    3. Setup a workspace and share with respective parties
    4. Add requirements (from 2) to the task list and create columns for 1st Offer, 2nd Offer & 3rd Offer, Approved (by Amy or PM.) so that the work can be allocated in an organised manner 
    5. Arrange regular on-going meetings where even if other are not listed they can contribute
    6. ......

• Dave Gordon
    Dave Gordon ✭✭✭✭
    edited 04/02/20

Sorry, to be clear for 4. as individuals we would nominate ourselves for the tasks we are happy to commit to, remembering that these may have dependencies/prerequisites - so add this as another field

Dave  

• Debbie Sawyer
    Debbie Sawyer ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Amy Donahue See https://www.smarterbusinessprocesses.com/11523-2/

We are adapting this template to PPE monitoring and offering the solution free of charge to all NHS organisations

• Dave Gordon
    Dave Gordon ✭✭✭✭
    edited 04/02/20

Just in case, here's the modified dashboard to the above template - in case there is anything that would typically be used for assets that wold be of any use - see https://app.smartsheet.com/b/publish?EQBCT=ba593d61986b4f3daa7d5280a87b8103

• @Dave Gordon wow! The dashboard has potential beyond the basic one I've cobbled together. I am tracking many different kinds of PPE and centralized supplies now, and my inventory sheet does have estimated delivery dates for things on order.

To get a sense of where I started, here are some links to my work thus far.

Inventory sheet: https://app.smartsheet.com/b/publish?EQBCT=7289fd0956bf46529d850ae4a07368ce

Roll up sheet (for dashboarding): https://app.smartsheet.com/b/publish?EQBCT=5f807547b64c4288ab7856401d6dc596

Basic Dashboard: https://app.smartsheet.com/b/publish?EQBCT=a8b4c35fbdf94c888ecbf915c91a7a3a

We also have a basic request form started but have not yet linked it to the inventory tracking numbers (subtracting as requests are granted). https://app.smartsheet.com/b/publish?EQBCT=2e5ae0ef838c4aa9850484311a3ca3fc

The trick there is that some requests were already requested and granted so our notes on the process may not be as robust. We're all backing into this more out of necessity! Typically programs order what they need; however, as supplies become harder to source we have started a centralized process. I'm very appreciative of the offer of assistance, and know there is a LOT of expertise and ingenuity in this community! Happy to talk thru more specs and alternatives to meet this need. THANK YOU!!