Automatic breakdown of hours into columns

Hi All,

I tried re-importing the file from excel with formulas and this is what I'm getting (see pic). The idea is that I will apply the formula to all the columns and when I enter the start date and duration (which calculates end date), it will automatically auto-populate all applicable columns without me having to do it manually. Could you help?

Original EXCEL FORMULA:

=IF($R8="SS",IF(AND(ISNUMBER($M8),ISNUMBER($O8),ISNUMBER($P8),FE$7<$Q8,FE$7>=$O8),$M8/$P8,""),IF($R8="MO",IF(AND(ISNUMBER($N8),ISNUMBER($O8),ISNUMBER($P8),FE$7<$Q8,FE$7>=$O8),$N8/$P8,""),""))

The imported formulas in the month columns are as follows:

Apr-20 --->

=IF($Position1 = "SS", IF(AND(ISNUMBER($[SS Hours]1), ISNUMBER($[Start Date]1), ISNUMBER($[Duration (months)]1), [Apr-20]$6 < $[End Date]1, [Apr-20]$6 >= $[Start Date]1), $[SS Hours]1 / $[Duration (months)]1, ""), IF($Position1 = "MO", IF(AND(ISNUMBER($[MO Hours]1), ISNUMBER($[Start Date]1), ISNUMBER($[Duration (months)]1), [Apr-20]$6 < $[End Date]1, [Apr-20]$6 >= $[Start Date]1), $[MO Hours]1 / $[Duration (months)]1, ""), ""))

May-20--->

=IF($Position1 = "SS", IF(AND(ISNUMBER($[SS Hours]1), ISNUMBER($[Start Date]1), ISNUMBER($[Duration (months)]1), [May-20]$6 < $[End Date]1, [May-20]$6 >= $[Start Date]1), $[SS Hours]1 / $[Duration (months)]1, ""), IF($Position1 = "MO", IF(AND(ISNUMBER($[MO Hours]1), ISNUMBER($[Start Date]1), ISNUMBER($[Duration (months)]1), [May-20]$6 < $[End Date]1, [May-20]$6 >= $[Start Date]1), $[MO Hours]1 / $[Duration (months)]1, ""), ""))

...and so on, and so forth. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Best Answers

Answers

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!