Need Help with COUNTIFS for 3 Columns of different input types

Christopher Loh
edited 06/30/20 in Formulas and Functions

I have 3 columns with different input types (Contact List, Multi select Dropdown, and Single Select Dropdown). I want to do a count for criteria that satisfies 3 criteria (1 for each column). I have figured out how to do it for 2 criteria but cant get it to count for 3 criteria.

My code for 2 criteria is as follows:

=COUNTIFS([Headcount Type]:[Headcount Type], CONTAINS("Existing HC", @cell), [FTE or Contractor]:[FTE or Contractor], CONTAINS("FTE", @cell))

Above is working great and took me hours to figure out.

Now I want to include the LEADER column to include in the count if it includes the Leader Name.

=COUNTIFS(Leader:Leader, FIND("Christopher Loh", @cell) > 0)

Thanks!

Best Answers

• Christopher Loh
    Answer ✓

Yes. The formula works great if I use the syntax on the same page as the columns

=COUNTIFS([Headcount Type]:[Headcount Type], CONTAINS("Existing HC", @cell), [FTE or Contractor]:[FTE or Contractor], CONTAINS("FTE", @cell), Leader:Leader, FIND("Christopher Loh", @cell) > 0)

It gives me #UNPARSEABLE if I put it on a separate Smartsheet and reference back to the other page

=COUNTIFS({DLT HC Tracker}, [Headcount Type]:[Headcount Type], CONTAINS("Existing HC", @cell), [FTE or Contractor]:[FTE or Contractor], CONTAINS("FTE", @cell), Leader:Leader, FIND("Christopher Loh", @cell) > 0)

Answers

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!