Update a row with a form

Options
Corentin Dal Farra
Corentin Dal Farra ✭✭✭✭✭✭
edited 10/07/20 in Smartsheet Basics

Hello everyone,

Do you know if in Smartsheet when I fill a form, it is possible to update an existing row (with an ID key for example), instead of creating a new row ?

Do you know also if there is a way to check if a row has been already created (with an ID key) to prevent for example a form user from creating a row with an ID that already exists ?

Thank you for your help,

Have a nice day,

Corentin

Best Answers

Answers

• Corentin Dal Farra
    Options

Hi @RossL

Thank you very much for your answer, it seems to be a very good solution that you created right here.

So if I understood well :

• You have two forms, one form original submission, and one for making updates ?
    • When the user needs to make an update, he has to put the automated ID reference that was populated in the first form is that correct ?

I should try this solution for my use case anyway,

Thank you again !

Corentin

• Ramzi K
    Ramzi K ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 10/07/20
    Options

@Corentin Dal Farra

There is currently no way to update an existing row with a Form in Smartsheet.

Ramzi Khuri - Principal Consultant @ Cedar Tree Consulting (www.cedartreeconsulting.com)

Feel free to email me: ramzi@cedartreeconsulting.com

💡 If this post helped you out, please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful.

• Corentin Dal Farra
    Options

Thank you for your answers !

Have a great day,

Corentin

• Ulla Gertig
    Options

Hi, is there already a smarter solution for this problem existing? I cannot really follow on how to use a second smartsheet in order to use a normal form for updates.. If i have to create 3 columns per original column I will end up with way too many..