Formula Help: Auto updating the stars

Hi,

I'm working with a semester type project and would like to have the Star symbol used to represent the semester they are in based on a start date. I tried following the example.. .. but I think I'm missing something. Here is the Formula I'm trying to use, based on another example I found.

=IF([Start Date]@row < TODAY(), "Empty", IF([Start Date]@row < TODAY(+90), "One", IF([Start Date]@row < TODAY(+180), "Two", IF([Start Date]@row < TODAY(+206), "Three", IF([Start Date]@row < TODAY(+365), "Four", "Five")))))

Best Answer

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer βœ“

So when you say "Start date to current" you are meaning that the Start Date is in the past # days?

If that is the case, then you should be able to use your existing formula and only have to make a few tweaks.

You are going to want to change all of your "less than" arguments to "greater than" and change all of your positive numbers to negative numbers.

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

Answers

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!