How to set the value via Python APIs for simple CONTACT_LIST column ?

Hi,

i have the column where the type is CONTACT_LIST (single value only, not multiple values) ...

here is the code snippet:

case_owner_email = "owner.name@company.com"

new_row.cells.append({

'column_id': project_metadata_column_map["Case Owner"],

'value': case_owner_email

})

all my email addresses are correct, and all my owners are registered users in Smartsheet, but sometimes, when i open the sheet, i get correct user (pic + name), but other times i get only email address ...

i need that this is always user ...

so, is there any specific formatting for the value ?

thx & rgrds,

ljk

Answers

• Brett Wyrick
    Brett Wyrick ✭✭✭✭

I don't utilize Python, but just throwing this out there - could you do a lookup for the User's ID by their email address and then utilize that instead? I imagine that would always give you the correct value.

If this answer answers your question, please press "Yes" above - it helps the community (and those random Googlers out there 👀) find solutions like yours faster.

Love,

Brett Wyrick | Connect with me on LinkedIn.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2023 update: I'm no longer working on Smartsheet stuff. I started working at Microsoft in 2022, plus I have 1-year-old twins at home and frankly, I don't have enough time to do Smartsheet anymore. It's been real, Smartsheeters!

• lkrobot
    lkrobot ✭✭✭

what do you mean with lookup ? what you intend with User ID ? how you would do this ? example ?

PS. the email address i'm using is allways correct ...

thx & rgrds,

ljk