Confluence: Size of embedded Smartsheet content adjustable?

Hi,

I embedded a SmS dashboard to a confluence page. The dashboard contains just a few metrics items from a sheet summary. Its being displayed very small and is surrounded by a lot of blank space which can not be used otherwise.

The full link created by smartsheet provides dimension values, but confluence specifically states:"Please enter the part of the published URL after https://app.smartsheet.com/b/publish?"

Any idea how the size of the displayed items and the overall frame can be customized better?

Thanks!

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Hi @Sven Krohn

I'm unable to test this myself, but if it's possible to adjust the dimensions this would be done via Confluence. I would suggest posting in the Atlassian Community instead to see if anyone there can help you!

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Capitel
    Capitel ✭✭

Hi @Sven Krohn

May I ask what are you using to embed the Smartsheet objects? Is it the confluence HTML macro?

I would recommend having a look at a small app we released on the Atlassian Marketplace earlier this year (yes, I'm still writing this notes in the last minutes of 2021). With Smartsheet for Confluence I've found very few problems embedding Smartsheet objects.

I went ahead and tested and indeed dashboards can also be published, here's the result:

To increase readability, there are several steps you can take.

• The most obvious is to change the dimensions of the frame, which you can easily do by hand. I usually enjoy frames that are 550 pixes tall.

• However, it's also possible to click on the full-screen button
    • Finally, if you have a dashboard with many different tiles, you could break it down and embed different pieces on a Confluence table.

I'd be really interested to know if any of these approaches are helpful to you.

Good luck and best wishes for the new year!

Jaime