Formula Help - Exclude Holidays

Hi, I am trying to edit the formula below, to make the formula not could holidays (It is also set to not count weekends/Today). How would I include it to not count holidays also?

=IF(DATEONLY(TODAY()) = [Requested Due Date]@row, 0, NETWORKDAY(TODAY(), [Requested Due Date]@row))

Answers

• BullandKhmer
    BullandKhmer ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm note sure but I think that holidays listed in the sheet setting are not included in NETWORKDAYS - you will need to test this or have it confirmed by someone else.

If true you could just add holidays in the sheet settings.

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Hi @Elaine Mullis

There's an optional piece of the NETWORKDAYS function that allows you to add in Holiday Dates to exclude from the formula, see: NETWORKDAYS function

NETWORKDAYS( start_date, end_date, [ holidays ])

This is in [these] to indicate it's optional.

What I've seen most members do is set up a hidden Date column in their sheet titled Holidays, where they list all the dates that they want to formula to skip. Then you include that range at the end of your formula, like so:

=IF(DATEONLY(TODAY()) = [Requested Due Date]@row, 0, NETWORKDAYS(TODAY(), [Requested Due Date]@row, Holiday:Holiday))

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I agree with @Genevieve P..

I have also sometimes created a separate sheet specifically for holiday dates and use a cross sheet reference. This makes it easier if you have to use the same list of holidays across multiple sheets.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!