testing a website: tracking user acceptance testing in a sheet

Hello,

I'd like to use sheets to track user acceptance testing. That is, there is a task/item and then the user looks at the task and says it passes or needs remediation. My question is how to do I create a useful dashboard when there is no completed task %? Each user gets their own testing sheet. I can create reports based on passing status but how do I rollup which users still have the rows to complete or which users are done? We aren't using any dates or milestones either.

Thanks.

Janet

Best Answer

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Answer ✓

Hi @janetmcclain

It sounds like a Report is the way to go! You can use a Report to bring together multiple sheets. Then you can Group by the user (or the sheet, if that has the user name), and then you can do a second Group based on Status (ex. "Complete" or not).

Once you have the two Groupings, you can add a Summary to COUNT how many rows are in each status, per user/sheet.

Here's a webinar that you may find useful: Redesigned Reports with Grouping and Summary Functions

If this doesn't help, would you be able to post a screen capture of what the sheet structure looks like?

Cheers,

Genevieve

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Answer ✓

Hi @janetmcclain

It sounds like a Report is the way to go! You can use a Report to bring together multiple sheets. Then you can Group by the user (or the sheet, if that has the user name), and then you can do a second Group based on Status (ex. "Complete" or not).

Once you have the two Groupings, you can add a Summary to COUNT how many rows are in each status, per user/sheet.

Here's a webinar that you may find useful: Redesigned Reports with Grouping and Summary Functions

If this doesn't help, would you be able to post a screen capture of what the sheet structure looks like?

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Thanks! I was able to do a rollup sheet with percentage of completed items shown (pulling from each sheet). Then pull that rollup sheet into the dashboard. The dashboard is a little more automated that way. I also was able to do a countif if the completed items was 100% and signed off and pull that number into the dashboard for a high level, dynamically updated overview. Thanks again for your response!

Janet

• Genevieve P.

Hi Janet.

I'm glad you were able to figure this out with formulas, well-done!