Automation sporadically working

Pam Dunn
Pam Dunn ✭✭✭✭✭

I have an automation set up when a row status changes, Status to Assigned then change Production Status to assigned. If I have 5 lines that I want to change to Assigned and I manually change the 1st one then click and pull down the status to the remaining 4 lines. I hit save, but it only changes on the first one in the Production Status column. Is this normal functionality? If it is this will be a hugely inefficient for my team.

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Pam Dunn

I hope you're well and safe!

Can you describe your process in more detail and maybe share the sheet(s)/copies of the sheet(s) or some screenshots? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help. (share too, andree@workbold.com)

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Pam Dunn
    Pam Dunn ✭✭✭✭✭

@Andrée Starå I am well hope you are as well. I did a test and copying down the status to child rows seemed to work fine populating the other column. Maybe the person didn't save. There are at least 10 people working together in the sheet. It would be great to have an autosave that actually saves without having to click on anything. The autosave based on inactivity is not effective for our situation. People are jumping out to other software and maybe forget to save then go back and it isn't there because they refreshed instead of saving. It's inefficient to constantly have to click the save icon to ensure work is saved. would be great to be able to toggle on and off autosave. When I am developing yes I want to control when it saves, but if you are a contributor in a Work In progress document auto saving would be key.