Can I create an Offload in Data Shuttle to save to a CSV even if there is no data?

Josh G.
Josh G. ✭✭
edited 02/28/22 in Smartsheet Basics

I have a global data sheet that populates when clients fill out a form. I then create offloads in Data Shuttle for each client and then an upload so their specific data populates their own smartsheet. I'm creating a new client sheet and created an offload from the global sheet with the criteria that the data is only for this new client. The new client has not filled out the form yet, so there is no data for them in the global sheet. I then tried creating an upload so I can take the offloaded csv file and upload it to the new client sheet. However, the upload will not recognize the clients offload csv file. Does the file have to contain data before an upload can be created? The offload runs, but the csv file doesn't generate.

Answers

• Julio S.
    Julio S. Moderator

Hi @Josh G.

In order for the CSV to generate, the filter criteria will need to be met at least for one row. If you'd like to request an option to create empty CSVs when no filter criteria are met, when you have a moment, please let our Product team know about your feedback by filling in this form, here. Thank you!

For the time being, you may want to manually input client data on the relevant row that helps meeting the established filter criteria for the offload workflow which you can then remove from both your global data sheet and the created csv file to use in your upload workflow.

I hope this can be of help.

Cheers!

Julio