Data transfer from one sheet to another once condition met

Options
Ali Darzaman
Ali Darzaman ✭✭
edited 04/06/22 in Formulas and Functions

How information in some columns in Sheet A can be transferred to Sheet B once a specified condition in a specific column in Sheet A has been met? Is there any formula I can use? I used Index(Collect ...), but it doesn't do what I am looking for.

Answers

• Intern98
    Intern98 ✭✭✭
    Options

in desired cell in sheet b

=IF( (pulling data from a)=desired condition, (data from a), "")

do let me know if you need more help with said formula

• Ali Darzaman
    Options

Thanks, Intern98

That didn't help.

I want when the data in the 3rd column changed to YES, then the information in the 1st and 2nd column (corresponding to the YES, to move to the 2nd sheet in the desire columns.

First sheet

2nd sheet

Thanks

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Ali Darzaman

I hope you're well and safe!

You could use cross-sheet formulas combined with either a VLOOKUP or INDEX/MATCH structure to connect the sheets, and when you update the source sheet, it will reflect on the destination sheet.

Another option would be to use so-called helper sheets. In short, copy the row to a helper sheet and then use my method described previously to get the values you need to another helper sheet, and then copy/move the row from that sheet to the main destination sheet.

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Bess
    Options

I have the same problem. Can't use vlookup or index-match as I'm not linking two sheeting with a key value. I actually want to pull one value of sheet one to start a new row in sheet two. The scenario is sheet One contains an initial job list. Those finished will be moved to sheet Two and enter a new project.

• IPG
    IPG ✭✭
    Options

@Bess - I have the same scenario. Were you able to find a solution?

• Toufong Vang
    Toufong Vang ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Unfortunately, Smartsheet moves the entire row.

If hiding the unneeded columns is not an option and using cross-sheet formulas won't work, then you can use a third party app like Microsoft 365 Power Automate.

Here's where you can find documentation for using Power Automate to do this: Smartsheet - When new row is added .

Here's the Community thread/request where I came across this information: When a new row is created in smartsheet get the data from that new row and use it in Power Automate .

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!