Count entries by month/Yr/ total time

Seeking assistance for a formula that counts the number of {WO} within a given month {WO Start} then total the number of {Task Time} minutes for same. I'm gathering information on a metrics sheet for dashboard reporting on monthly stats.

Regards Jason.

Best Answer

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Jason P

I hope you're well and safe!

Try something like this.

For counting the number of WO

=COUNTIFS({WO}, <>"", {WO Start}, IFERROR(MONTH(@cell), 0) = MONTH(TODAY()))

For the total Task Time

=SUMIFS({Task Time}, {WO Start}, IFERROR(MONTH(@cell), 0) = MONTH(TODAY()))

Did that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E: [email protected] | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me about help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or something else entirely.

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Jason P

I hope you're well and safe!

Try something like this.

For counting the number of WO

=COUNTIFS({WO}, <>"", {WO Start}, IFERROR(MONTH(@cell), 0) = MONTH(TODAY()))

For the total Task Time

=SUMIFS({Task Time}, {WO Start}, IFERROR(MONTH(@cell), 0) = MONTH(TODAY()))

Did that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

Feel free to contact me about help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or something else entirely.

• Hi @Andrée Starå

I'm well mate, made my day seeing your response - solution worked a treat thankyou.

Is there a way to convert the total minute to hours in the same string or should I use a separate column for this conversion?

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Jason P

Excellent!

You're more than welcome!

To convert it to hours, you'd add /60 at the end.

=SUMIFS({Task Time}, {WO Start}, IFERROR(MONTH(@cell), 0) = MONTH(TODAY())) / 60

Did that work?

• Thanks again @Andrée Starå

I feel so dumb right now, I tried the /60 everywhere.... except at the end, I thought everything needed to be contained with brackets). . (insert face palm here). Your initial fix worked so I worked so I used it as the base for my cross sheet metrics for a dashboard report.

=SUMIFS({Completed Dispatches Range 3}, {Completed Dispatches Range 5}, AND(IFERROR(YEAR(@cell), 0) = 2022, IFERROR(MONTH(@cell), 0) = 6)) / 60

Thanks you again.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Jason P

Easy to miss!

I'm always happy to help!

• Hi @Andrée Starå ,

Wonder if you could help me as well. I am looking at something similar. Where I am counting the number of requests in a given month. I tried the below formula but comes back as Uparseable

Help Article Resources