IF(AND - Error, Unparseable

Options

I am trying to do an IF(AND formula but returning an error. I can get the two formulas to work individually but cannot get them to work when I combine them.

Individual

=IF(AND([Pay Schedule]@row = "GA-Full Session", [Hrs Per Period]@row = "10"), 330)

=IF(AND([Pay Schedule]@row = "GA-Full Session", [Hrs Per Period]@row = "5"), 160)

Combined =IF([Pay Schedule]@row = "GA-Full Session", [Hrs Per Period]@row = "5"), 160, IF([Pay Schedule]@row = "GA-Full Session",[Hrs Per Period]4 = "10", 330)

Answers

• J Tech
    J Tech ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Holli,

It looks like there's a syntax error in your combined formula. Try this instead:

=IF(AND([Pay Schedule]@row = "GA-Full Session", [Hrs Per Period]@row = "5"), 160, IF(AND([Pay Schedule]@row = "GA-Full Session", [Hrs Per Period]@row = "10"), 330))

In your combined formula, you're missing the second "IF" statement within the AND function, and the second "IF" statement itself is missing the "@" symbol in the [Hrs Per Period] column reference. This corrected formula should work for you.

Regards

J Tech

If my response has helped you in any way or provided a solution to your problem, please consider supporting the community by marking it as Insightful, Vote Up, or Awesome. Additionally, you can mark it as the accepted answer, which will make it easier for others to find a solution or get help with a similar issue in the future. Your support is greatly appreciated!

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!