Sign in to submit new ideas and vote
Get Started

proof comment resolution checkbox

scot tupper
scot tupper ✭✭✭✭✭

Designers would like to check off comments as they are completed during the proofing process, then be able to filter by status to clean up the thread.

Tags:
23 votes

Idea Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• When we have large design projects come through the proofing tool, there are often a lot of edits being annotated/requested and it can become daunting for the designer. My idea is to give the designer a visual cue (checkbox, etc) to quite literally "check off" when they've applied a requested edit to their design file. This feature could allow the designer to go through the annotated edits called out in the proof, and make the edits in their design file, followed by "checking off" or acknowledging the update has been made within that comment of the proof. It would keep the designer on track to ensure the edits being requested are being made, and to show the requestor of those edits that they've been seen, acknowledged, and made.

• Rhia
    Rhia ✭✭
    edited 10/11/24

Some type of system that allows the designer to acknowledge proofing edits have been made AND allows a filter to remove them from view, leaving only the remaining action items, is a critical need. It's impossible to sort through a single layout with more than 10 active proofing notes and tell at a glance what still needs to be actioned on.

• jmusic
    jmusic ✭✭

This is a great idea and would extremely helpful.

• I upvoted for this resolve comments feature. It would be great to have.

• Julie Fortney
    Julie Fortney Overachievers

That would be VERY helpful.

• S Thompson
    S Thompson ✭✭
    edited 10/11/24

Adding this feature within the proofing tool would extremely helpful. This function exists within the articulate review process and is the one complaint my team has with Smartsheet's proof process. A simple way to resolve or acknowledge individual comments would be a HUGE help!

• YES! Please, please, please do this.

• DJ Watts
    DJ Watts
    edited 10/11/24

YES! Please, please, please do this.