Sign in to submit new ideas and vote
Get Started

Option to copy questions when designing Smartsheet form

Option to copy questions when designing a form would allow to save time when you have to create a more complex form when you need to use several sets of the same questions with some minor changes. It would be great to just copy them than design from the scratch.

Tags:
8 votes

Idea Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• vdemattei
    vdemattei ✭✭✭✭

Similar to how one can "clone" conditional formatting, I'd like to "clone" fields when creating forms. I have several similar questions on forms that I'd like to duplicate and make minor changes to. Instead, I have to create each field individually and it is very time consuming and tedious.

Alternatively, (and even better) would be to have the option for the end-user to "click to add another entry" within the form.

My specific use is capturing income types. Applicants (form users) will enter a new entry for each type of income (as well as debts and assets). Currently, I have to provide a new field for the maximum number of entries they may have. I can use conditional logic to not show subsequent entries unless they need them, but that would be even more cumbersome. I'd like the form to initially display 1 field for 1 income type, but have the option for the applicant to provide additional income types on additional fields.

I would also use this same functionality when listing dependents. "Click to add another dependent".

• pmosinsk
    pmosinsk
    edited 10/11/24

Both are great suggestions:

1. Duplicate a form field when designing a form
    2. Have users be able to add extra fields (arguably harder to do)

• Brian F.
    Brian F.
    edited 10/11/24

This was put in the forum and requested by others already… in 2021!!!

I don't understand why you cannot copy or duplicate a field, astounded that is not an option.

For my purposes I need to duplicate a logic field in a long survey that requests additional information for every low score, you can imagine the extra work without this feature.

Very disappointed,

Brian

• mary.lacy
    mary.lacy
    edited 10/11/24

please make it possible to copy a form question so that you can change language slightly but not recreate the whole question!!