Sign in to submit new ideas and vote
Get Started

Group WorkSpaces and organize them in "folders"

2»

Comments

• Donni
    Donni ✭✭

My co-worker was telling me to reach out to Smartsheet directly to find out how to create different workspace folders. He assumed this feature would definitley be available since it is a basic way to keep an endless list of workspaces organized. And then I stumbled across this thread. I hope more people comment on this chain so Smartsheet adds this feature.

• josedimaculangan
    edited 05/07/24

Our organization uses Workspaces for each customer implementation. As part of our SOPs for Smartsheets, I have instructed our Implementation Managers to name their Workspaces with this naming convention: [IM Name] - [Customer Name]. This allows the Workspaces to be grouped in a more meaningful way for us.

As part of the Project Closeout process, I have instructed our IMs to rename the Workspace to add "zzCompleted" ex. zzCompleted - ABC Company. This (1) groups all completed projects together and (2) Puts them at the very bottom of the Workspace list.

• JT_OSU
    JT_OSU ✭✭

This is one of those basic features that I'm surprised is missing. I have a number of worksheets that have been shared to me that I don't use regularly but are cluttering my worksheet list. I would love to put them in a folder so that they're out of the way but easy to find if needed. Please make this happen.

• iLoveData
    iLoveData ✭✭✭✭
    edited 06/12/24

I have a lot of workspaces active for a lot of initiatives, it would be great to have a tab/label/folder to store my workspaces depending on my personal criteria for grouping them.

This would help reduce clutter and let me find where I need to work even faster because adding everything to favorites will eventually become cumbersome as well.

Michael - Alternative Delivery Analyst

Ames Construction

• I am beginning to find the need to be able to bucket/sort/folder-ize/organize workspaces in a better way for our company as well. With multiple different departments and teams with their own unique use cases for Smartsheet, the workspace area is becoming long and hard to navigate quickly. It would be great for users to be able to organize these more or even have nested workspaces to allow me to organize the department's workspaces but only share specific team workspaces to each team.

• ABG
    ABG ✭✭✭

Hi All,

It would be great if we could group workspaces OR be able to share certain Folders in Workspaces with certain people. We need to be able to share certain Folders/ Workspaces with certain people separately. Since we can't share folders separately with seperate people under one workspace, I need to create 20 workspaces for 20 different people. Since I cannot group workspaces in a folder, I have a long list Workspaces now…

Thank you

• ABG
    ABG ✭✭✭
    edited 10/24/24

Hello,

I have sooo many workspaces and it looks so messy… Can we please be able to group Workspaces under a Folder or an Umbrella Workspace?
    Thank you,