To start, I'm a total beginner when it comes to using AI (beyond the standard chat bots, etc.), but I'm super excited to see how it can make me more efficient as a one-person support team for my company when it comes to Smartsheet and other platforms.
I have many ideas floating in my head already, but I'll start with my first attempt at creating a Smart Assist column.
I have a multi-purpose Support Desk board that I use to track the support requests and enhancement projects that come my way and I use it to plan monthly sprints for my one person team. I have columns for data like Urgency, Effort Size, which Epic it's tied to, if there happens to be a hard deadline, etc.
I wanted to try and create a column that could suggest the tickets for my next sprint based on all of this information.
I created the column as an AI Sentiment Analysis column, brought in every field it saw as an option (Effort Size, which is a standard dropdown field, was NOT on that list…obvious problem), and gave it this prompt:
Use all available information to categorize open tickets currently in the Sprint Backlog into either the current sprint (Add-on), next sprint, or backlog. All other tickets can be left blank since they are either already complete or already assigned to a sprint. Recurring tasks will always be in the current sprint.
The column itself is clearly "working" and populates as new tickets are added, etc. but it's recommendations are wildly inaccurate. I assume at least part of that is due to the fact that it doesn't appear to be able to see the Effort Size column, but I'm guessing there is more to it than that.
I would love some help! Firstly, help troubleshooting why not all of the relevant data columns are available to be analyzed, and secondly, where I might be going wrong with my prompt so that it can truly become a helpful part of my sprint planning process.
Thanks in advance!