Connect with peers, share your expertise, and inspire what’s next in Smartsheet — from proven practices to practical how-to insights from fellow users and product experts.
Sign in to join the conversation:
I am currently using the Add-in for Outlook. The problem I am having is when I sign in with the app in outlook the side panel appears with the view of the project management sheet for about 1 second then disappears. Has anyone else experienced the same? I do not know if this is a smartsheet add-in issue or outlook? We also use gmail for one account and the add-in works perfect. Dazed and confused. LOL
Hello,
This may browser related. A few things you can try to potentially fix this:
If any of the above doesn't fix the issue, contact our Support team so they can troubleshoot with you further.
Question: Were you referring to Outlook the DESKTOP program, or to the Outlook WEB INTERFACE using the browser? It makes a difference when you consider whether or not the browser is the culprit, yes?
I have experienced the exact same symptoms as you. Went through SS support and my IT department back and forth on it for a long while, but never really got a final resolution. I have basically just given up on it. Can only dedicate so much time to troubleshooting.
The weird thing is that if I log into my Outlook Web interface the Smartsheet for Outlook add-in works perfectly every time. But on the desktop version, the one I use the most, it does what you have described. Appears for a moment, I start to use it, then it disappears.
One tip they gave me was to make sure that Internet Explorer was set as the default for html links in the 'Default Programs' windows settings. That did not fix it for me, but may for you.
Hi Brad, did you get any solution. I face exactly same issued. Funny part is my colleagues are able to use outlook addin without any problem.
Hey Saurabh,
No, sadly I never found a solution. I even got a new laptop with a fresh install of Office 2016, but I just can't get it to work. I just gave up on it entirely.
Currently my company is in the lonnnng process of transitioning from Office 2016 to O365, so there's no need for me to dig further into it.
Much of it has to do with how your servers are configured I think. Many of the 'nifty' integration features of SS depend upon your systems being cloud-based, but most of my company's resources are server-based, so I miss out on some cool stuff.
And also, Smartsheet is a black-sheep to our IT department... Since they didn't deploy it (I did it myself), they won't support it even though we're up to 700 users
Best of luck to you,
Brad
When running a global update in control center, to push an update to a dashboard, I'm receiving an Error (4000). It's a global update that I've used successfully some 50 times, this is the first error I've received. Pro-Desk is booked out for the next 2- 3 weeks. Any idea what could be causing the error or any…
If I have a dropdown list column, but not restricted to the drop down options, I am able to edit the dropdown option selected in the sheet or in report view. However in Dynamic view, once the dropdown option is selected I cannot edit the contents. I can only type in something new. I want my team to be able to choose from a…
I wonder if anybody can tell me if it is better to use global updates or Dynamic Dropdowns to maintain and update dropdown lists for projects provisioned using Control Center. Any insight would be great please. thank you!