Connect with peers, share your expertise, and inspire what’s next in Smartsheet — from proven practices to practical how-to insights from fellow users and product experts.
Sign in to join the conversation:
Has anyone had any experience of trying to add a formula through the 2.0 API? If so could you please let me know what the JSON syntax should be?
Just to clarify, I want to add values in two other columns.
You can work with formulas via the Smartsheet API. When constructing a cell object you can use the "formula" attribute with a string of the formula you wish to add to the cell.
An example Cell Object would look like this:
{ "columnId": <COUMN_ID>,
"formula": "=SUM([Column1]:[Column1])"
}
This would work when adding a new row or updating an existing row.
More info on Cell Objects is in the API docs here.
For the developer community, I’d love to see a stronger focus on bridging Smartsheet with enterprise automation pipelines like Microsoft Power Automate and major RPA suites (UiPath, Automation Anywhere). Here are a few specific areas that would significantly help enterprise solution architects: Enhanced Connectors &…
Looking forward to being a part of this community
Hi everyone! I’m Jonathan from Boise State University (Boise, ID USA). I’m currently looking for advice and best practices on transitioning our department's budget reporting process into Smartsheet. Current Workflow & Challenges: Data Scale: We pull data from four different Excel documents, using Power Query and Power…