Connect with peers, share your expertise, and inspire what’s next in Smartsheet — from proven practices to practical how-to insights from fellow users and product experts.
Sign in to join the conversation:
If cell A3 contains "ABC" then enter "ABC" in cell A1.
Can someone help me do this in smartsheet?
I tried using =If(find("ABC",A3,)="ABC","ABC","X") but its not working.
Thank you
find returns the position at which the string is found
=If(find("ABC",A3,)=1,"ABC","X")
OK what will confirm if there is that text .
For example Credit data ABC 145.... it needs to confirm if there is abc in the string of text.
Thanks
Hi there, are you working in Excell or in Smartsheets? Smartsheets does not refer to columns by A, B, C as Excell or Google Sheets does. To reference a column you have to use its column name.
Rjudenberg's solution will work, but you have to modify it with the Smartsheet Column Names.
=If(find("ABC", [Column A Name]3)=1,"ABC","X")
I am working in smartsheet thank you both for clarifying. I actually need to change the =1 to a >0 and make sure I match the exact text. My cell was in all caps and I didnt use that the actual formula.
Thank you both
=If(find("ABC", [Column A Name]3)>0,"ABC","X")
This should work You just need to replace the Column A Name with your own column name.
Thank you Smartsheet Community! I love you!
I'm building executive reports to show which projects are active by quarter. I have start and end dates for each project to show the active date range. The output I'm looking for is a report showing what was active last quarter. Another report showing what is active this quarter. And what will be active next quarter.…
Hello, I have automations enabled in several spreadsheets where, whenever any value is entered in a specific column, the entire row should be copied to another spreadsheet. The automation is configured so that the row is copied whenever the automation is triggered. However, I identified several cases that were properly…
Hello! I'm sure this is a basic question that I'm just missing the how-to on. Our orginization has a master schedule for the year. I need to take from that master schedule and populate a different sheet based on a date. For example, master schedule has a column of dates. Multiple rows will contain that date. I need to pull…