Connect with peers, share your expertise, and inspire what’s next in Smartsheet — from proven practices to practical how-to insights from fellow users and product experts.
Sign in to join the conversation:
Is there a way to set a formula so all text in the column or sheet is upper case even if someone enters it on a form in lower or title case?
Hello,
If you are looking to convert user entries to uppercase in the existing cell, there isn't a way to do this.
The UPPER() function can convert text from one cell to all uppercase. https://help.smartsheet.com/function/upper.
Taylor
Tried working around this using a helper column with =UPPER([column name]@row) on automation workflows... but when triggered it ads a single ' at the start of the formula...
Hi @SaulB
I hope you're well and safe!
Unfortunately, it's not possible to add formulas with the change cell action, but it's an excellent idea!
Please submit an Enhancement Request when you have a moment.
Here's a possible workaround or workarounds
Would that work/help?
I hope that helps!
Be safe and have a fantastic weekend!
Best,
Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD
✅Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!
Hi @SaulB, @tcanelli41471, my name is Nathan and I'm building a browser extension that improves Smartsheet.
The browser extension is SSFeatures ( https://ssfeatures.com ) and you can use it to enforce different capitalization rules on all of your data.
It currently supports the following capitalization rules:
You can use this to enforce rules on your data without needing to use a helper column, even if the data comes from a form.
Hope this helps!
I'm building executive reports to show which projects are active by quarter. I have start and end dates for each project to show the active date range. The output I'm looking for is a report showing what was active last quarter. Another report showing what is active this quarter. And what will be active next quarter.…
Hello, I have automations enabled in several spreadsheets where, whenever any value is entered in a specific column, the entire row should be copied to another spreadsheet. The automation is configured so that the row is copied whenever the automation is triggered. However, I identified several cases that were properly…
Hello! I'm sure this is a basic question that I'm just missing the how-to on. Our orginization has a master schedule for the year. I need to take from that master schedule and populate a different sheet based on a date. For example, master schedule has a column of dates. Multiple rows will contain that date. I need to pull…