Connect with peers, share your expertise, and inspire what’s next in Smartsheet — from proven practices to practical how-to insights from fellow users and product experts.
Sign in to join the conversation:
Hi all,
Is there a way to format numbers is thousands or millions to just K or M? Or any formula to do it?
Kind regards,
Grace
I dont see a format to do it but i think you could do it with a formula like the following
=IF(ABS([Column4]2) >= 1000000, (ABS([Column4]2) / 1000000), IF(ABS([Column4]2) >= 1000, ABS([Column4]2) / 1000, ABS([Column4]2))) + IF(ABS([Column4]2) >= 1000000, "M", IF(ABS([Column4]2) >= 1000, "K", ""))
Hi Ricki,
Thanks for sharing the formula. It did work!
Many thanks,
Follow-up question regarding this topic, please can you advise how can to display just 2 decimal places and what to add in the formula for amounts in billion?
Try taking the abs out of the formula?
Unfortunately it didn't work. The results says #UNPARSEABLE.
=IF([Summary Info 2]23) >= 1000000, ([Summary Info 2]23) / 1000000), IF([Summary Info 2]23) >= 1000, ([Summary Info 2]23) / 1000, ([Summary Info 2]23))) + IF([Summary Info 2]23) >= 1000000, "M", IF([Summary Info 2]23) >= 1000, "K", ""
I think thats just a parenthesis issue. try the following
=IF([Summary Info 2]23 >= 1000000, ([Summary Info 2]23 / 1000000), IF([Summary Info 2]23 >= 1000, [Summary Info 2]23 / 1000, [Summary Info 2]23)) + IF([Summary Info 2]23 >= 1000000, "M", IF([Summary Info 2]23 >= 1000, "K", ""))
I needed this too and Smartsheet was giving way to many figures past the decimal, so this formula should work (Column named "Price"):
="£" + (IF(ABS([Price]@row) >= 1000000, (ROUND([Price]@row / 1000000,0) + "M"),(IF(ABS([Price]@row) >= 1000, (ROUND([Price]@row / 1000,0) + "K")
I'm building executive reports to show which projects are active by quarter. I have start and end dates for each project to show the active date range. The output I'm looking for is a report showing what was active last quarter. Another report showing what is active this quarter. And what will be active next quarter.…
Hello, I have automations enabled in several spreadsheets where, whenever any value is entered in a specific column, the entire row should be copied to another spreadsheet. The automation is configured so that the row is copied whenever the automation is triggered. However, I identified several cases that were properly…
Hello! I'm sure this is a basic question that I'm just missing the how-to on. Our orginization has a master schedule for the year. I need to take from that master schedule and populate a different sheet based on a date. For example, master schedule has a column of dates. Multiple rows will contain that date. I need to pull…