Connect with peers, share your expertise, and inspire what’s next in Smartsheet — from proven practices to practical how-to insights from fellow users and product experts.
Sign in to join the conversation:
Hello,
I'm trying to restrict a Done checkbox from getting checked before other boxes are checked first. My team created a project plan with multiple steps in the process. Each step has a done checkbox. I have a formula that fires when a specific box is checked but don't want folks to check that off sooner than they should. I'm not able to use dependencies because the dates that populate in the start and due date columns do not align with the dates in our project plan. Any suggestions?
Thank you,
Sean
That is an interesting challenge. I am not aware of a way to restrict users from checking off a box based on the checking off another box first. I could see that being very useful in some instances! I would submit a product enhancement request for that idea. If someone else in the community knows a way to accomplish this I would love to hear it.
Ok, thank you for replying. I will do that.
Was this ever accomplished? A sheet of mine would benefit greatly from this feature.
The dashboard previously contained 16 widgets, and I have confirmed that the widgets still exist in the backend. However, when I open the dashboard, nothing is displayed, and I am unable to enter Edit Mode or access the widgets/data sources. I have already confirmed the following: I am the owner of the dashboard and have…
I have an end date column and want to add 30 days to that for a new column that shows due date. How do I add 30 days to a date automatically?
Why is it so convoluted now! I eventually figured out the changes and ended up with a sheet that Smartsheet completely reorganised the rows and the sheet is now useless to me as it is not in a logical order for me to easily restore to its original layout. This is not an "improvement"! It was far easier to upload data…