Connect with peers, share your expertise, and inspire what’s next in Smartsheet — from proven practices to practical how-to insights from fellow users and product experts.
Sign in to join the conversation:
How would I calculate the time between two dates (start and finish) in Weeks and Days
"8weeks 4days"
https://app.smartsheet.com/b/publish?EQBCT=dcf71ecb7f184467ab8f5debb68a04da
I've got it set up for days not weeks, but it shouldn't be hard to adjust. just pick which input strategy you want, rename your column names in your sheet to my column names, copy paste the formulas over, then name the columns back to what you want.
or if you want less precise ( no hours minutes) you might try something like:
=ROUND(NETDAYS([Start Date]1, [End Date]1) / 7 - 0.5) + " Weeks and " + (NETDAYS([Start Date]1, [End Date]1) - (ROUND(NETDAYS([Start Date]1, [End Date]1) / 7 - 0.5)) * 7) + " Days"
https://community.smartsheet.com/profile/L_123
(ROUND(NETDAYS([Start Date]1, [End Date]1) / 7) itself will round off to the whole number right, what is the purpose of - 0.5 in your formula?
It's a crude version of a rounddown() from before that function existed. Just round() might round up, and add a week to the total if the extra number of days was more than 3.5. So you take .5 away, and it can't round up.
I'm building executive reports to show which projects are active by quarter. I have start and end dates for each project to show the active date range. The output I'm looking for is a report showing what was active last quarter. Another report showing what is active this quarter. And what will be active next quarter.…
Hello, I have automations enabled in several spreadsheets where, whenever any value is entered in a specific column, the entire row should be copied to another spreadsheet. The automation is configured so that the row is copied whenever the automation is triggered. However, I identified several cases that were properly…
Hello! I'm sure this is a basic question that I'm just missing the how-to on. Our orginization has a master schedule for the year. I need to take from that master schedule and populate a different sheet based on a date. For example, master schedule has a column of dates. Multiple rows will contain that date. I need to pull…