Connect with peers, share your expertise, and inspire what’s next in Smartsheet — from proven practices to practical how-to insights from fellow users and product experts.
Sign in to join the conversation:
Hello all,
I'm trying to create a formula to "Autofill" contact (Name, phone number & Email),
What is the smartest, fastest way to create a formula for over 500 contacts?
Thank you
Create a table of your contacts and use a VLOOKUP function to search that table. It means a little extra work on the front end building the table, but once set up, a very basic formula will pull the info you need.
Thanks Paul, I'll give it a try
Is there a way to achieve this using the data that is already in my Contacts, rather than creating a whole new sheet of contacts with their information to perform a VLOOKUP or INDEX/MATCH on?
Hi @Ken Potts
I hope you're well and safe!
Unfortunately, it's not possible now, but it's an excellent idea!
Please submit this as a Product Feedback or Idea (If it hasn't been added already) when you have a moment.
I hope that helps!
Be safe, and have a fantastic week!
Best,
Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD
✅Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!
I'm building executive reports to show which projects are active by quarter. I have start and end dates for each project to show the active date range. The output I'm looking for is a report showing what was active last quarter. Another report showing what is active this quarter. And what will be active next quarter.…
Hello, I have automations enabled in several spreadsheets where, whenever any value is entered in a specific column, the entire row should be copied to another spreadsheet. The automation is configured so that the row is copied whenever the automation is triggered. However, I identified several cases that were properly…
Hello! I'm sure this is a basic question that I'm just missing the how-to on. Our orginization has a master schedule for the year. I need to take from that master schedule and populate a different sheet based on a date. For example, master schedule has a column of dates. Multiple rows will contain that date. I need to pull…