Connect with peers, share your expertise, and inspire what’s next in Smartsheet — from proven practices to practical how-to insights from fellow users and product experts.
Sign in to join the conversation:
Is there are way to track the amount of time each stage of development takes?
What formula would I use and then, what chart?
Hi Michelle,
Yes, there is. It depends on how your solution is setup. Can you share the solution or upload some screenshots?
I hope this helps you!
Best,
Andrée Starå - Workflow Consultant @ Get Done
Keep in mind... Tracking time in Smartsheet only works for days. Smartsheet cannot handle actual times (hours/minutes) without rather convoluted workarounds.
@Paul Newcome Is this still the case and l need a convoluted workaround to get how much time a generator was running?
Trying to calculate how many hours a generator run for, and for the cell to show as empty when there's no data in the cells. After reading a lot of posts came up with a formula but l can't figure out how to remove the "#INVALID VALUE" error, tried wrapping the formula in a "IF ERROR" but did not work.
This is my current formula, but there has to be something simpler and that allows for a cell to show as blank if both feeding cells are blank:
=VALUE(LEFT([Generator #2 Time Stopped]@row, (FIND(":", [Generator #2 Time Started]@row) - 1))) - VALUE(LEFT([Generator #2 Time Stopped]@row, (FIND(":", [Generator #2 Time Stopped]@row) - 1))) + (VALUE(RIGHT([Generator #2 Time Started]@row, (FIND(":", [Generator #2 Time Stopped]@row) - 1))) - VALUE(RIGHT([Generator #2 Time Stopped]@row, (FIND(":", [Generator #2 Time Stopped]@row) - 1))) / 60)
Screenshot of the sheet:
Thanks!
@Silvia Rangel That is correct. Smartsheet does not yet have built in time calculations. I will include a link at the bottom of this post to a thread that has numerous time based solutions in it.
As for the IFERROR, it should wrap around the entire formula like so...
=IFERROR(VALUE(LEFT([Generator #2 Time Stopped]@row, (FIND(":", [Generator #2 Time Started]@row) - 1))) - VALUE(LEFT([Generator #2 Time Stopped]@row, (FIND(":", [Generator #2 Time Stopped]@row) - 1))) + (VALUE(RIGHT([Generator #2 Time Started]@row, (FIND(":", [Generator #2 Time Stopped]@row) - 1))) - VALUE(RIGHT([Generator #2 Time Stopped]@row, (FIND(":", [Generator #2 Time Stopped]@row) - 1))) / 60), "")
@Paul Newcome Thanks! So, l realized l had a space between the end of the formula and the coma ( 60) , "") and this was giving me the error... Also, l tried the formulas in your ime based solutions post but none worked for what l am looking to do, at least for this sheet, as they worked for others! ☺
( 60)
@Silvia Rangel Glad you got that figured out. Are you still needing an overall formula? I would imagine a negative result for run time is not exactly accurate.
I'm building executive reports to show which projects are active by quarter. I have start and end dates for each project to show the active date range. The output I'm looking for is a report showing what was active last quarter. Another report showing what is active this quarter. And what will be active next quarter.…
Hello, I have automations enabled in several spreadsheets where, whenever any value is entered in a specific column, the entire row should be copied to another spreadsheet. The automation is configured so that the row is copied whenever the automation is triggered. However, I identified several cases that were properly…
Hello! I'm sure this is a basic question that I'm just missing the how-to on. Our orginization has a master schedule for the year. I need to take from that master schedule and populate a different sheet based on a date. For example, master schedule has a column of dates. Multiple rows will contain that date. I need to pull…