Connect with peers, share your expertise, and inspire what’s next in Smartsheet — from proven practices to practical how-to insights from fellow users and product experts.
Sign in to join the conversation:
We are looking to integrate the barcode functionality with our smartsheets database. If a user scans a barcode, can the relevant form be pulled up from Smartsheets for the user to fill out?
Hello,
The Smartsheet app won't pull of a form if you scan a barcode that contains the form link; however, in theory, you could use a third-part QR code scanner app to bring up the appropriate form.
Hi,
It works great to use a third-party scanner or even the one built into iPhone.
I hope this helps you!
Best,
Andrée Starå - Workflow Consultant @ Get Done Consulting
Maybe this is old or irrelevant news, but here's what I just discovered:
When I scan, from the Smartsheet app search page, a QR code that's associated with the link to a Smartsheet form, it gives me two options:
1. Search Smartsheet - This returns no results.
2. Visit Link - This opens the form in the app.
When I scan the same QR code from my iPhone camera, it gives me one option:
1. Open in Smartsheet - This opens the form in the app.
When running a global update in control center, to push an update to a dashboard, I'm receiving an Error (4000). It's a global update that I've used successfully some 50 times, this is the first error I've received. Pro-Desk is booked out for the next 2- 3 weeks. Any idea what could be causing the error or any…
If I have a dropdown list column, but not restricted to the drop down options, I am able to edit the dropdown option selected in the sheet or in report view. However in Dynamic view, once the dropdown option is selected I cannot edit the contents. I can only type in something new. I want my team to be able to choose from a…
I wonder if anybody can tell me if it is better to use global updates or Dynamic Dropdowns to maintain and update dropdown lists for projects provisioned using Control Center. Any insight would be great please. thank you!