Connect with peers, share your expertise, and inspire what’s next in Smartsheet — from proven practices to practical how-to insights from fellow users and product experts.
Sign in to join the conversation:
Hi all,
I am totally green in terms of creating API and programming stuff, but keen very much to learn it. Do you know any places to recommend as a good start points?
Marcin.
Hi Marcin,
Is it for Smartsheet or in general? Below you have some info when it comes to Smartsheet.
Please see the attached link/screenshot for more information.
https://developers.smartsheet.com/
https://smartsheet-platform.github.io/api-docs/
I hope this helps you!
Best,
Andrée Starå
Workflow Consultant @ Get Done Consulting
Hi Andree,
I must say: both ;].
You know, to learn how to use it with Smartsheet, I assume I have to learn how to create an API in one of coding languages etc. but which one is the best to choose? Which one is the easiest for me? I have no idea
Also, I would like to know what can I obtain by using APIs with Smartsheet, any exaples? Probably because I have no knowlegde about it, I can't see what kind of extension (in terms of scope of using Smartsheet) I can get. Or maybe it is only for highly specialized functions that I will never use?
So confused...
I'm also interested in learning API, but I don't have the time and use case to justify it. Except that it would be fun and useful to know. If that's your situation as well, I would recommend looking at other options but first, go through what you need.
There are many resources, Linkedin Learning, Skillshare, Udemy, Youtube.
Heres a great starting point and then Craig and others that are familiar with API in the community can most definitely give better resources.
https://www.quora.com/From-where-and-how-do-I-learn-about-API-for-beginners
Andrée
API questions are best answered on Stack Overflow (www.stackoverflow.com) with the smartsheet-api tag.
Issues are best entered on GitHub
https://github.com/smartsheet-platform
What language are you using?
Craig
For the developer community, I’d love to see a stronger focus on bridging Smartsheet with enterprise automation pipelines like Microsoft Power Automate and major RPA suites (UiPath, Automation Anywhere). Here are a few specific areas that would significantly help enterprise solution architects: Enhanced Connectors &…
Looking forward to being a part of this community
Hi everyone! I’m Jonathan from Boise State University (Boise, ID USA). I’m currently looking for advice and best practices on transitioning our department's budget reporting process into Smartsheet. Current Workflow & Challenges: Data Scale: We pull data from four different Excel documents, using Power Query and Power…