Connect with peers, share your expertise, and inspire what’s next in Smartsheet — from proven practices to practical how-to insights from fellow users and product experts.
Sign in to join the conversation:
Looking for a way to write a formula to lock rows if a cell has a specific value in it, or hide the rows.
Any ideas?
Hi,
You can set this with the help of "Alerts & Actions" and the "Lock a Row" feature.
There is no way to hide the row, but you could change the color with conditional formatting and otherwise, filters and reports are the best bet.
I hope this helps you!
Best,
Andrée Starå
Workflow Consultant @ Get Done Consulting
Ok, thanks, I did not think it was possible, but wanted to ask.
What about adding a .png to a cell based on a formula?
Happy to help!
As far as I know, it isn't possible to add images based on formulas.
Ok, bummer, thank you!
Can you take a look at this and tell me where I am wrong?
=IF(Answers22 = "", "", TODAY()),OR(IF(Answers22 = "No", "", TODAY()))
What are you trying to do? Can you share the sheet or some screenshots?
=IF(Answers22 = "", "", TODAY()) <-this is a complete function
The system doesn't know what to do with anything after that because it's complete already.
At a glance, it looks like you need a nested IF statement. What inputs do you want to return with which values?
So for the Nested is it:
=IF(OR(Answers22 ="",Answers22="No",TODAY()) ?
Here you go
If it is NULL return NULL, if it is No return NULL else date()
=IF(OR(Answers22 = "", Answers22 = "No"), "", TODAY())
Your OR function belongs in the logical statement of your IF function.
The only issue with this for you would be that TODAY() will automatically update to the current date every time you open the sheet. Smartsheet does not currently provide time stamp capabilities.
I'm building executive reports to show which projects are active by quarter. I have start and end dates for each project to show the active date range. The output I'm looking for is a report showing what was active last quarter. Another report showing what is active this quarter. And what will be active next quarter.…
Hello, I have automations enabled in several spreadsheets where, whenever any value is entered in a specific column, the entire row should be copied to another spreadsheet. The automation is configured so that the row is copied whenever the automation is triggered. However, I identified several cases that were properly…
Hello! I'm sure this is a basic question that I'm just missing the how-to on. Our orginization has a master schedule for the year. I need to take from that master schedule and populate a different sheet based on a date. For example, master schedule has a column of dates. Multiple rows will contain that date. I need to pull…