Connect with peers, share your expertise, and inspire what’s next in Smartsheet — from proven practices to practical how-to insights from fellow users and product experts.
Sign in to join the conversation:
Has the cloning of a column within the same sheet feature been developed? I saw the discussion back in 2016.
Thanks
Christi
Hi Christi,
There isn't a way to clone a column so that it would copy all of the column data over to a new column in the same sheet.
You could create a new column and add a formula such as =[referenced column]@row with the "referenced column" being the column you would like to clone.
You could also duplicate a conditional formatting rule and change the column name. Details on conditional formatting rules can be found in our Help Center: http://help.smartsheet.com/articles/516359-conditional-formatting
When you have a moment, please submit a product enhancement request to let our Product team know that you'd like the ability to clone columns. The product enhancement request form is located in the Quick Links section to the right of this discussion.
Cheers!
Corinne
Still not native, but the SSFeatures browser extension adds this.
Keeps all the column settings, such as type, drop downs, formatting, formulas, etc.
You can read more about this feature here: https://ssfeatures.com/features/column-copy-paste
Best!
Disclosure: I'm the creator of SSFeatures.
For the developer community, I’d love to see a stronger focus on bridging Smartsheet with enterprise automation pipelines like Microsoft Power Automate and major RPA suites (UiPath, Automation Anywhere). Here are a few specific areas that would significantly help enterprise solution architects: Enhanced Connectors &…
Looking forward to being a part of this community
Hi everyone! I’m Jonathan from Boise State University (Boise, ID USA). I’m currently looking for advice and best practices on transitioning our department's budget reporting process into Smartsheet. Current Workflow & Challenges: Data Scale: We pull data from four different Excel documents, using Power Query and Power…