Connect with peers, share your expertise, and inspire what’s next in Smartsheet — from proven practices to practical how-to insights from fellow users and product experts.
Sign in to join the conversation:
HI,
Does anyone know of an R package for interacting with Smartsheet? Are there folks using R with Smartsheet?
I am considering a project using R and I might start building out a package.
Thanks
Craig
info@ngsanalytics.com
www.ngsanalytics.com
Hi Craig!
I'm not aware of any specific instances of R package and Smartsheet integrations.
If you haven't already explored our Developer Portal, that resource is located here: https://developers.smartsheet.com
Github is another available resource that might be useful: https://github.com/
Thanks for posting in the Community!
Corinne
Hi Craig,
It would be wonderful news if you do. It's very unfortunate that there is no ease of connecting with Smartsheet using R.
Hi Corinne,
Are there plans to create such an integration?
I am looking forward to a package that can link smartsheet and R.
Cheers,
At least for reading data from Smartsheet into R I use the jdbc driver from cdata. It's not free though.
This is some sample code:
library(RJDBC)
drv <- JDBC("cdata.jdbc.smartsheet.SmartsheetDriver","C:/Program Files/CData/CData JDBC Driver for Smartsheet 2016/lib/cdata.jdbc.smartsheet.jar")
conn <- dbConnect(drv, "jdbc:smartsheet:OAuthAccessToken=*** ;CallbackURL=http://localhost:33333;LogFile=C:\\SmartSheet.txt;Verb osit y=3")
df <- dbGetQuery(conn, "select * from Sheet_Name_xyz")
Any progress on something like this?
I found this package on GitHub, but have not tried using it yet:
docs: https://rdrr.io/github/elias-jhsph/rsmartsheet/
I am actively using R for analytics and looking forward to having a more reliable tool for accessing smartsheets with RMarkdown docs.
I have created a small but extensible smartsheet API client library for R: https://github.com/cole-johanson/smartsheetr
I will be actively maintaining this, so please submit feedback/issues using https://github.com/cole-johanson/smartsheetr/issues. Thanks!
It would be helpful to have a getting started with AI and Smartsheet and walk through some simple use cases.
For the developer community, I’d love to see a stronger focus on bridging Smartsheet with enterprise automation pipelines like Microsoft Power Automate and major RPA suites (UiPath, Automation Anywhere). Here are a few specific areas that would significantly help enterprise solution architects: Enhanced Connectors &…
Looking forward to being a part of this community