Connect with peers, share your expertise, and inspire what’s next in Smartsheet — from proven practices to practical how-to insights from fellow users and product experts.
Sign in to join the conversation:
Hi,
is it possible to capture the amount of entries that have come in from a form? the form is constantly being populated so i am looking for a live number if possible?
Any help appreciated.
thank you Dave
Hi Dave,
Yes, it is. You can add a column (that you can hide) and a field on the form that you hide and set to a default value like submitted form or similar.
Edit. You can then use a count formula to get the total number.
Would that work?
Have a fantastic weekend!
Best,
Andrée Starå
Workflow Consultant @ Get Done Consulting
Hi Andree,
thank you for taking the time to reply. I am not quite sure what you are suggesting?
What i need to do i provide an ongoing figure to my customers dashboard of how many entries have been made against a particular form?
So this number would be constantly updating, how would i add a constant count to then display on the dashboard?
Sorry probably being a bit slow and its probably easy
Thank you again for taking the time to reply
Dave
You could use the COUNT function to count all the cells that ain't empty and then show that on a dashboard with a metric widget.
Andrée
i don't think it will unfortunately. i have set a field to give each entry a numeric value which shows me the amount of entries but i cant get the dashboard data to read the latest value.
Regards
Can you share the sheet, workspace or some screenshots so that I can get a better understanding of your set up?
Hi Andree
how do i share with you? more than happy to let you take a look, havent figured out how to get screen shots on here but happy to share.
You can share the sheet or workspace with me at andree@getdone.se
If there is sensitive information, you could share a copy instead.
Try this.
If I understand you correctly this is the formula that you should use in the cell for the count on the summary sheet.
The Anomolies Range 1 is for the Row ID column, and you need to select the reference in your sheet.
The formula will count all the cells that are not empty.
=COUNT({Anomolies Range 1})
Works perfectly,
Thank you for taking the time to have a look at this,
I'm building executive reports to show which projects are active by quarter. I have start and end dates for each project to show the active date range. The output I'm looking for is a report showing what was active last quarter. Another report showing what is active this quarter. And what will be active next quarter.…
Hello, I have automations enabled in several spreadsheets where, whenever any value is entered in a specific column, the entire row should be copied to another spreadsheet. The automation is configured so that the row is copied whenever the automation is triggered. However, I identified several cases that were properly…
Hello! I'm sure this is a basic question that I'm just missing the how-to on. Our orginization has a master schedule for the year. I need to take from that master schedule and populate a different sheet based on a date. For example, master schedule has a column of dates. Multiple rows will contain that date. I need to pull…