Connect with peers, share your expertise, and inspire what’s next in Smartsheet — from proven practices to practical how-to insights from fellow users and product experts.
Sign in to join the conversation:
Hi, which formula can I use to calculate the expected Progress (depending on the current date)?
Thanks
Could you give more details and share some screenshots?
Hi Paul,
I have the Start Date, End Date, Duration (days) and the Progress given by each responsible. From this Information I would like to calculate the expected Progress, how shall the Project must be going on an specific date.
For example:
I have a Task with 10 days as Duration. by the second day the Progress completed is 20% (that means is running accordingly to plan) and by the third day, the Progress is the same. That means that by the third day the Project has already a delay.
So I would like to know which formula can I use to find out this expected or planned Progress and then I can be able to make a comparison against Progress completed and create alerts if neccesary.
Thanks.
If you create a [Projected % Complete] column, you can enter this formula into it...
=(TODAY() - [Start Date]@row) / ([Scheduled End Date]@row- [Start Date]@row)
This will give you how far into the scheduled time you are for whatever today's date is. You can then build your alerts off of whether your actual % complete is less than, greater than, or equal to where you should be (projected % complete).
To show the projected finish date based off of the current progress and the start date, create a date type column [Projected End Date] and insert this formula...
=[Start Date]@row+ ((((TODAY() - [Start Date]@row) / ([Scheduled End Date]@row - [Start Date]@row)) - [Actual % Complete]@row) * ([Scheduled End Date]@row - [Start Date]@row)) + ([Scheduled End Date]@row - [Start Date]@row)
Thank you!
I have a similar request: I would like to see how the projected end date of a task will impact the overall projected end date of the project taking the predecessor relationships into account. Any ideas on how to do that with a function or in a dashboard?
I'm building executive reports to show which projects are active by quarter. I have start and end dates for each project to show the active date range. The output I'm looking for is a report showing what was active last quarter. Another report showing what is active this quarter. And what will be active next quarter.…
Hello, I have automations enabled in several spreadsheets where, whenever any value is entered in a specific column, the entire row should be copied to another spreadsheet. The automation is configured so that the row is copied whenever the automation is triggered. However, I identified several cases that were properly…
Hello! I'm sure this is a basic question that I'm just missing the how-to on. Our orginization has a master schedule for the year. I need to take from that master schedule and populate a different sheet based on a date. For example, master schedule has a column of dates. Multiple rows will contain that date. I need to pull…