Connect with peers, share your expertise, and inspire what’s next in Smartsheet — from proven practices to practical how-to insights from fellow users and product experts.
Sign in to join the conversation:
Hello all,
I am trying to figure out if there is a way to have data-uploader only add new entries instead of updating existing data. Anyone come across this? Thanks in advance.
Hello!
Unfortunately, just adding new rows is not currently possible with the Data Uploader tool when using the same attachment with new data. The Merge setting will assume there are updates to the current information, if it is still in your attachment and attempt to update the data in Smartsheet again so to not miss any information. I've gone ahead and given this feedback to our Product Team for further review. We greatly appreciate your feedback!
Alternatively, if you use a new file or remove the old data prior to uploading to your source sheet, it will only add those new rows to your sheet.
Should you run into any issues or have any additional questions regarding any of these topics, please feel free to reach out to our Support team via our Contact Support page here: https://help.smartsheet.com/contact
Kind Regards,
AnthonySmartsheet
When running a global update in control center, to push an update to a dashboard, I'm receiving an Error (4000). It's a global update that I've used successfully some 50 times, this is the first error I've received. Pro-Desk is booked out for the next 2- 3 weeks. Any idea what could be causing the error or any…
If I have a dropdown list column, but not restricted to the drop down options, I am able to edit the dropdown option selected in the sheet or in report view. However in Dynamic view, once the dropdown option is selected I cannot edit the contents. I can only type in something new. I want my team to be able to choose from a…
I wonder if anybody can tell me if it is better to use global updates or Dynamic Dropdowns to maintain and update dropdown lists for projects provisioned using Control Center. Any insight would be great please. thank you!