Connect with peers, share your expertise, and inspire what’s next in Smartsheet — from proven practices to practical how-to insights from fellow users and product experts.
Sign in to join the conversation:
Looking to link a Tableau dashboard to my Smartsheet dashboard, but according to this link we have to use Tableau Online. Will a link to Tableau Server also work? All my testing is giving me an error for invalid URL so asking here. We don't use Tableau Online due to it being outside our firewall.
Hi Kaili,
Unfortunately, Tableau online will only work because it has to be an embed code (iframe)
Tableau
Tableau Online Embedding is supported from the cloud Tableau Online app only (Tableau on-prem is not supported).
NOTE: The Web Content widget accepts iframe code only—the embed code will include a <script> tag.
Hope that helps!
Have a fantastic week!
Best,
Andrée Starå
Workflow Consultant @ Get Done Consulting
Hello,
As Andrée mentioned, you can only embed content from Tableau Online in a dashboard, at this time. When you have a moment, please submit a Product Enhancement Request to let our Product team know that you'd like to have this functionality in Smartsheet.
Thanks both. I have submitted the enhancement request. While not ideal, I am able to at least link to the Tableau dashboard using the "shortcut" widget.
Happy to help!
Andrée
When running a global update in control center, to push an update to a dashboard, I'm receiving an Error (4000). It's a global update that I've used successfully some 50 times, this is the first error I've received. Pro-Desk is booked out for the next 2- 3 weeks. Any idea what could be causing the error or any…
If I have a dropdown list column, but not restricted to the drop down options, I am able to edit the dropdown option selected in the sheet or in report view. However in Dynamic view, once the dropdown option is selected I cannot edit the contents. I can only type in something new. I want my team to be able to choose from a…
I wonder if anybody can tell me if it is better to use global updates or Dynamic Dropdowns to maintain and update dropdown lists for projects provisioned using Control Center. Any insight would be great please. thank you!