Connect with peers, share your expertise, and inspire what’s next in Smartsheet — from proven practices to practical how-to insights from fellow users and product experts.
Sign in to join the conversation:
Hello,
Based on example from sheet provided, I'm looking for formula to populate in the At Risk column to flag as At Risk if Final Due Date is seven days out and the Status does not equal "Yes" and % Complete is not 100%
Any support is appreciated!
Try this formula:
=IF(AND([Final Due Date]@row <= Today(7), [Final Due Date]@row >=Today(),Status@row <>"Yes", [% complete]@row <>1), 1, 0)
I very much appreciate the help! Just what I was looking for.
You're welcome. Glad I could help out!
I need help using this formula. I used and received the #UNPARSEABLE error msg. I'm creating a blank dashboard template.
Hi @Cee Johnson ,
@Mike Wilday 's formula, with your column titles, should work:
in the column At Risk:
=IF(AND([Due Date]@row <= Today(7), [Due Date]@row >=Today(), Status@row <>"Yes", [% complete]@row <>1), 1, 0)
Your Risk column needs to be a checkbox, Date a date, and the rest Text/Number.
Work?
Mark
Thanks Mike I tried the formula provided but I received error msg. see my screenshot.
Also, having a problem with the Status column with RGYB balls and the IF formula to execute it. I want the logic to be Green=In Progress, Yellow=Not Started Red=Delayed and Blue=Completed. Thanks for your help! I am able to create formulas in Excel but Smartsheets is a beast.
This formula works for me, but the status column needs to be a check box. From you question above it sounds like your status is a RYGB symbol, in which case the Status formula would change to Status@row<>"Blue":
[At Risk] column:
=IF(AND([Due Date]@row <= TODAY(7), [Due Date]@row >= TODAY(), Status@row <> "Yes", [% Complete]@row <> 1), 1, 0)
Changing Ball colors is a nested IF statement, as you said. I don't see a column with Delayed, Completed, Not Started, or Completed so I'm assuming that you want the ball color to reflect the status based on % Complete. For the delayed status the formula determines, based on straight line, how much progress should have been complete as of today against that reported as % Complete. You may want to adjust that:
=IF(NETDAYS(Today(),[Planned End Date]@row)/NETDAYS([planned start date]@row, [Planned End Date]@row)< 1-[% complete]@row, "RED", [% Complete]@row = 0, "Yellow", IF([% complete]@row = 1, "Blue", IF([% complete]@row "In Progress")
Help at all?
At Risk is not working and yes I want the balls to change per the %Complete column but the formula provided didn't work.
Where can I find shortcuts to formulas like Excel? This is too complex.
OK, we'll try again. Thanks for being patient. Here are 2 formulas that should work.
AT RISK: =IF(AND([Due Date]@row <= TODAY(7), [Due Date]@row >= TODAY(), Status@row <> "Yes", [% Complete]@row <> 1), true, false)
BALL COLORS: =IF((NETDAYS(TODAY(), [planned end date]@row) / NETDAYS([planned start date]@row, [planned end date]@row)) < (1 - [% Complete]@row), "Red", IF([% Complete]@row = 0, "Yellow", IF([% Complete]@row = 1, "Blue", "Green")))
Hope for success.
Function help can be found at:
=IF([%Complete]@row = 1, "Blue", IF([%Complete]@row > 0, "Green", "Yellow")) IF(Finish@row<[Due Date]@row=TODAY(7), "Red"))
Excel is so much easier.
Hi Mark,
I didn't get it to work. My prior comment is a screenshot of the Status column formula not working. It only works if I am doing YGB. It doesn't work once I add Red or Due Date.
Both formulas used for both columns aren't working. Any suggestions?
I'm building executive reports to show which projects are active by quarter. I have start and end dates for each project to show the active date range. The output I'm looking for is a report showing what was active last quarter. Another report showing what is active this quarter. And what will be active next quarter.…
Hello, I have automations enabled in several spreadsheets where, whenever any value is entered in a specific column, the entire row should be copied to another spreadsheet. The automation is configured so that the row is copied whenever the automation is triggered. However, I identified several cases that were properly…
Hello! I'm sure this is a basic question that I'm just missing the how-to on. Our orginization has a master schedule for the year. I need to take from that master schedule and populate a different sheet based on a date. For example, master schedule has a column of dates. Multiple rows will contain that date. I need to pull…