Connect with peers, share your expertise, and inspire what’s next in Smartsheet — from proven practices to practical how-to insights from fellow users and product experts.
Sign in to join the conversation:
I am trying to figure out the % variance between 2 numbers ($40,190,187 and $40,279,091) I just need the formula can anyone help?
Assuming you want the
subtract X from Y to get an absolute value "V"
get the MAX of "X" and "Y" [to get the greater of the two]
"V"/(MAX of "X" & "Y") [format this column as percentage ---- don't forget to increase your decimal place accuracy]
=ABS([Column2]21 - [Column3]21) / MAX([Column2]21:[Column3]21)
Ezra,
I did the calculation, but I get the value 1 instead of 100%, how can I increase the decimal place to show 100 in the formula?
Thanks for the help?
Just change the column or cell to a percentage format (next to currency format in the top toolbar)
.25 = 25%
.5 = 50%
1 = 100%
Worked Thanks
This is great; however, what if you needed to show the percentage of increase OR decrease?
we have the same question at Melody...
To see if it is an increase or decrease remove the abs( ) part of the equation. It is what makes everything positive.
=[Column2]21 - [Column3]21) / MAX([Column2]21:[Column3]21
This will allow the positive and negative values to show.
I'm building executive reports to show which projects are active by quarter. I have start and end dates for each project to show the active date range. The output I'm looking for is a report showing what was active last quarter. Another report showing what is active this quarter. And what will be active next quarter.…
Hello, I have automations enabled in several spreadsheets where, whenever any value is entered in a specific column, the entire row should be copied to another spreadsheet. The automation is configured so that the row is copied whenever the automation is triggered. However, I identified several cases that were properly…
Hello! I'm sure this is a basic question that I'm just missing the how-to on. Our orginization has a master schedule for the year. I need to take from that master schedule and populate a different sheet based on a date. For example, master schedule has a column of dates. Multiple rows will contain that date. I need to pull…