Connect with peers, share your expertise, and inspire what’s next in Smartsheet — from proven practices to practical how-to insights from fellow users and product experts.
Sign in to join the conversation:
I have a sheet that contains a column where I've inserted images. Is it possible to have those images show up when I merge into google docs? I tried but it errored. Do the images have to be a certain size or file type?
Thank you
Hi,
Yes, it is and I'm not aware of any limitations in size. What does the error message say?
Have a fantastic week!
Best,
Andrée Starå
Workflow Consultant @ Get Done Consulting
Sorry this project completely fell off my radar.. The error I receive is as follows
"An unexpected error occured. We were unable to export a row. (REF #: "1673784837072772")"
I have the image attached to the row (they are .jpgs) and I have them inserted into a cell in the column titled "Logo". In google docs I've inserted the merge field for the "logo" column.
No worries!
Have you looked at which row it is? What happens if you remove or move the picture on that row?
The error doesn't specify for a row, it appears to error before any merge takes place.
For reference, here's 3 screen shots
1. The smartsheet I'm using for the smartsheet merge with google docs.
2. The google doc used with smartsheet merge
3. The error message itself
What happens if you just create one document instead of 38? Can you try them one by one to maybe find the issue?
I tried it for 3 of them and got the same error. It would be just as easy for me to attach the image to the merged document as it would to go through 38 rows one at a time.
Ok.
If you haven’t already, I would recommend that you reach out to the Smartsheet Support Team. Smartsheet Support Team
Hope that helps!
When running a global update in control center, to push an update to a dashboard, I'm receiving an Error (4000). It's a global update that I've used successfully some 50 times, this is the first error I've received. Pro-Desk is booked out for the next 2- 3 weeks. Any idea what could be causing the error or any…
If I have a dropdown list column, but not restricted to the drop down options, I am able to edit the dropdown option selected in the sheet or in report view. However in Dynamic view, once the dropdown option is selected I cannot edit the contents. I can only type in something new. I want my team to be able to choose from a…
I wonder if anybody can tell me if it is better to use global updates or Dynamic Dropdowns to maintain and update dropdown lists for projects provisioned using Control Center. Any insight would be great please. thank you!