Connect with peers, share your expertise, and inspire what’s next in Smartsheet — from proven practices to practical how-to insights from fellow users and product experts.
Sign in to join the conversation:
I am using MS Forms to collect information and using an integration through Flow to insert responses into Smartsheet. Answers that require a # (I.E. salary or years experience) are being inserted into Smartsheet with an ' before the number which results in my formulas not working. I need to find a way to make this work without manually removing the ' from each row.
Hi Lindsay,
It's because the information gets added to Smartsheet as text. Can you change it in Microsoft Flow before it's sent to Smartsheet?
Hope that helps!
Have a fantastic day!
Best,
Andrée Starå
Workflow Consultant @ Get Done Consulting
You could create helper columns and use a VALUE(SUBSTITUTE(........, "'", "")) to remove the apostrophe and convert it into a numerical value.
Paul,
Yes, I thought about that as well but if MS Flow is like Zapier it could be easier to format the data before it's sent to Smartsheet. No need for helper columns if that's the case.
But, whatever works! ?
Oh. Well ok then. I had no idea what MS Flow was, so I just went with what I knew which is handling the data after it comes into SS. Haha.
I'm actually rather technologically illiterate. I only know SS as well as I do because I've had to use it so much. Hahaha
This worked great!!!
I also tried to fix on the front end using Flow but the coding was above me.
Haha!
Excellent!
The important thing is that you got it working!
Andrée
Happy to help!
If you use the "text to columns" tool on the Data tab, prior to importing your data into Smartsheet, the number should not have an apostrophe before it once in Smartsheet.
In Excel:
When running a global update in control center, to push an update to a dashboard, I'm receiving an Error (4000). It's a global update that I've used successfully some 50 times, this is the first error I've received. Pro-Desk is booked out for the next 2- 3 weeks. Any idea what could be causing the error or any…
If I have a dropdown list column, but not restricted to the drop down options, I am able to edit the dropdown option selected in the sheet or in report view. However in Dynamic view, once the dropdown option is selected I cannot edit the contents. I can only type in something new. I want my team to be able to choose from a…
I wonder if anybody can tell me if it is better to use global updates or Dynamic Dropdowns to maintain and update dropdown lists for projects provisioned using Control Center. Any insight would be great please. thank you!