Connect with peers, share your expertise, and inspire what’s next in Smartsheet — from proven practices to practical how-to insights from fellow users and product experts.
Sign in to join the conversation:
Is it possible to change the value of a certain cell using code in another cell.
I would imagine it looking similar to this format..
IF(column@row=X, different_cell=XX, different_cell=XXX)
Hi Logan,
Yes, it's possible! How would you like to use it?
Hope that helps!
Have a fantastic day!
Best,
Andrée Starå
Workflow Consultant @ Get Done Consulting
In the end I would like to have a function that tests "if" [column1]@row=1 then [columnX]@row=[columnX]@row-1
Testing if a condition is true, if it is then assigning the value of a cell to be the value of the cell directly above it.
BUT because of how I am gathering the data in forms, this formula cannot be put in the cell that is getting changed, it needs to be in a different cell or if there is some kind of script function I could run..
Ok.
You would need to add at least one so-called helper column, and if I understand your need correct, you won't need to script anything to make it work.
Can you describe your process in more detail and maybe share the sheet(s) or some screenshots? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help. (share too, andree@getdone.se)
i have a spin off of the same question.
column 1=date , column 2=mods number, 3=helper.
Helper= =IF(mods522 = "", "mods empty", IF(date522 <> "", "date empty T", TODAY())).
then i was trying to today's date in Date column from this cell.
i tryied workflow to do this but they did not like it because you had to save and refresh (sometimes twice).
is this possiable?
@Stephen Hindes
I've answered your new post.
I'm building executive reports to show which projects are active by quarter. I have start and end dates for each project to show the active date range. The output I'm looking for is a report showing what was active last quarter. Another report showing what is active this quarter. And what will be active next quarter.…
Hello, I have automations enabled in several spreadsheets where, whenever any value is entered in a specific column, the entire row should be copied to another spreadsheet. The automation is configured so that the row is copied whenever the automation is triggered. However, I identified several cases that were properly…
Hello! I'm sure this is a basic question that I'm just missing the how-to on. Our orginization has a master schedule for the year. I need to take from that master schedule and populate a different sheet based on a date. For example, master schedule has a column of dates. Multiple rows will contain that date. I need to pull…