Connect with peers, share your expertise, and inspire what’s next in Smartsheet — from proven practices to practical how-to insights from fellow users and product experts.
Sign in to join the conversation:
Hi,
In reference, to the above subject, I would need an help to view or extract only Email address from the Contact List column when I export the Smartsheet sheet to Excel spreadsheet.
Thanks!
Khushboo
Hi Khushboo,
See Shaine's response on this post: https://community.smartsheet.com/discussion/exporting-contact-emails-sheet-excel
I hope that helps!
Hi Alejandra,
Thanks for your response. But I believe I found a solution too!
This might not be the only solution but it works.
Step 1a: Create a save as copy of existing sheet that you wish to download orStep 1b: Convert the sheet contact list column to a text/numeric column; bingo!
(Note: Don't forget to convert it back to Contact List type]
Step 2: If Step 1a is followed then convert the "Contact List" column to a text/numeric column; bingo!
Step 3a: If Step 1a is followed then download the Smartsheet file and use excel based formulae to extract email address, within [abc <abc@abcxyzefg.com>]
Formulae: [=MID(A1, FIND("<", A1) + 1, FIND(">", A1) - FIND("<", A1) - 1) ]or
Step 3b: If Step 1b is followed then use below Smartsheet formulae to extract email address on Smartsheet another column (type text/numeric):
[=MID(ContactList@row, FIND("<", ContactList@row) + 1, FIND(">", ContactList@row) - FIND("<", ContactList@row) - 1) ]
Step 4: Job done!
Please let me know how it goes.
Cheers!
I'd like to accomplish this with a formula
I appreciate Khushboo's solution here, but I really think this should be a formula.
I'm building executive reports to show which projects are active by quarter. I have start and end dates for each project to show the active date range. The output I'm looking for is a report showing what was active last quarter. Another report showing what is active this quarter. And what will be active next quarter.…
Hello, I have automations enabled in several spreadsheets where, whenever any value is entered in a specific column, the entire row should be copied to another spreadsheet. The automation is configured so that the row is copied whenever the automation is triggered. However, I identified several cases that were properly…
Hello! I'm sure this is a basic question that I'm just missing the how-to on. Our orginization has a master schedule for the year. I need to take from that master schedule and populate a different sheet based on a date. For example, master schedule has a column of dates. Multiple rows will contain that date. I need to pull…