Connect with peers, share your expertise, and inspire what’s next in Smartsheet — from proven practices to practical how-to insights from fellow users and product experts.
Sign in to join the conversation:
Does Smartsheet allow for integration with Access database tables?
Is this something that a connector is needed for; such as Data Uploader?
Will the integration work with older editions of Access or only Microsoft 365?
HI, Integration is possible via the Smartsheet Data Connector - https://www.smartsheet.com/marketplace/apps/live-data-connector . Although it does not mention Access specifically it does work with Access and with normal desktop versions of Access as well as the version delivered via 0365. The connector will provide a read only link to your Smartsheet sheets and reports.
If you need to be able to pass back data from Access to your sheets then that is a job for some custom code written using the Smartsheet API. We provide custom apps that do this.
cheers
Dan
"If you need to be able to pass back data from Access to your sheets then that is a job for some custom code written using the Smartsheet API. We provide custom apps that do this."
Could I get some more information on the custom apps your are referring to...
I would like to link an Access query to Smartsheet. The query needs to be refreshed by the user within Smartsheet so as to provide the most current information available.
When running a global update in control center, to push an update to a dashboard, I'm receiving an Error (4000). It's a global update that I've used successfully some 50 times, this is the first error I've received. Pro-Desk is booked out for the next 2- 3 weeks. Any idea what could be causing the error or any…
If I have a dropdown list column, but not restricted to the drop down options, I am able to edit the dropdown option selected in the sheet or in report view. However in Dynamic view, once the dropdown option is selected I cannot edit the contents. I can only type in something new. I want my team to be able to choose from a…
I wonder if anybody can tell me if it is better to use global updates or Dynamic Dropdowns to maintain and update dropdown lists for projects provisioned using Control Center. Any insight would be great please. thank you!