Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Archived 2016 Posts

Archives for September 2016

Discussion List

• Creating Pivot like Metrics from a master sheet
    In Archived 2016 Posts
    I have a smartsheet which is like a master sheet with all the projects captured as one line with values like status and some key components which identifies them as unique.   Earlier when i used to maintain this information in spreadshee…
    699 7
    Closed 699 views 7 comments Most recent by jasonp Archived 2016 Posts
  • Define Range Based On Parent
    In Archived 2016 Posts
    I have been trying to figure out how to define a range based on the parent. So I know I can sum all the children of a parent but I want to know how parse all the grandchildren or great grandchildren for specific data.    I can define how…
    2 1
    Closed 2 views 1 comment Most recent by Shaine Greenwood Archived 2016 Posts
  • OneDrive - Central Account
    In Archived 2016 Posts
    I know you can upload from OneDrive to Smartsheet and the document actually be stored on OneDrive.  The problem is I don;t want documents stored in each individual person OneDrive. I want any document uploaded to go to a common OneDrive ac…
    2 2
    Closed 2 views 2 comments Most recent by David Sornig Archived 2016 Posts
  • Drop down list column \ multiple choice
    In Archived 2016 Posts
    Dear support! Could you please help me to understand if it's possible to use multiple choice in a column with drop down list? I mean that maybe there is a way to create something like that?  
    102 4
    Closed 102 views 4 comments Most recent by mebo40 Archived 2016 Posts
  • Make Collapse ALL default
    In Archived 2016 Posts
    I have clients with indented children. Everytime I come to the sheet the children are fully expanded. How do I make Collapse ALL the default setting? Matters not if I save it as collapsed.
    782 28
    Closed 782 views 28 comments Most recent by Andrée Starå Archived 2016 Posts
  • Problems with LOOKUP formula
    In Archived 2016 Posts
    Hello,   I'm encountering an issue with the LOOKUP formula in Smartsheet. Apparently it doesn't work with the names that I use in my lookup range (note that I dragged the formula down to the bottom, using "$" to block the rows…
    76 1
    Closed 76 views 1 comment Most recent by Taylor F Archived 2016 Posts
  • Update row Webhook triggered when filtering rows...
    In Archived 2016 Posts
    The update webhook got triggered if I delete rows and also when I filter in my page.   Is there any way to avoid it and get only webhook when data changes, not if a row is filtered, deleted or moved?    I'm working wht zapier, and I ge…
    47 1
    Closed 47 views 1 comment Most recent by J. Craig Williams Archived 2016 Posts
  • FF dependecy to push Finish Date, while holding Start Date
    In Archived 2016 Posts
    Let's say I have two activities, A & B.   A has a Start of 3/1/2016 and did indeed start on 3/1.  However, it cannot finish until B finishes.  So we put down B as a predecessor to A with a FF dependency.   The problem I'm seeing is…
    34 1
    Closed 34 views 1 comment Most recent by Shaine Greenwood Archived 2016 Posts
  • Accessing a web form on Android app
    In Archived 2016 Posts
    Is there a way to access a web form on the android app?   I can access the form on the desktop version and through the email link but I don't know if it's accessible on the app.   Does any one know?
    MT Profile Photo MT
    23 1
    Closed 23 views 1 comment Most recent by Shaine Greenwood Archived 2016 Posts
  • Show values in the chart
    In Archived 2016 Posts
    I have created several reports for my PMO and I am using smartlabs to create charts. I want to show values on th line chart/ bart chart. Current functionality is , you have to hover on the chart to find out the value. Is it possible to sh…
    1 1
    Closed 1 view 1 comment Most recent by Shaine Greenwood Archived 2016 Posts