Formulas and Functions

Archives for March 2018

Discussion List

• Clock Hour Progress Management
    In Formulas and Functions
    Hello, My name is James Smith. I am an Instructor for Gateway Community College in Phoenix, AZ. I am Looking for alternative methods to track time as student’s progress through our courses. I am not looking for a time management system,…
    11 views 1 comment Most recent by MattH Formulas and Functions
  • Uncheck the previous checkbox when a new box is checked
    Hello How do I get rid of a previous check when a new checkbox is selected?   This is what really need to happen: (Task Name 6 needs to transition from one to another (Idea, Concept, Design, Validation, Lanuch) as the approvals are sent…
    211 2
    211 views 2 comments Most recent by Chris McKay Formulas and Functions
  • Batch rename hyperlinks
    Hi I have a column with a long URL http://blblblblbl... There are about 300 rows in the sheet. I'd like to change the display text of the links to Preview for all of them. Is there a way? I can not do this one by one. (multiple sheets wi…
    237 2
    237 views 2 comments Most recent by Brad Jones Formulas and Functions
  • Nesting IF Formula
    I have been reading though the discussions and have attempted to nest the IF functions but I am having difficulties with it maybe someone will be able to help me. We are using check boxes to track numbers when checked. I created the functi…
    52 views 15 comments Most recent by Mike Wilday Formulas and Functions
  • cross sheet countif formula
    Trying to find the right formula to count a name column in one sheet based on a specific location in another column.  I've done this successfully with numbers using sumif, but the count isn't working.  Is it not possible?  i tried countif …
    41 views 3 comments Most recent by Robert S. Formulas and Functions
  • RYG formula in response to a numbered cell
    I am having a bit of trouble figuring out how to write a formula to automate RYG symbols. Basically I want the rules to be as follows: 1. If value is less than 4, RED 2. If value is greater than 4 but less than 6, YELLOW 3. If value is …
    1 3
    1 view 3 comments Most recent by rnye Formulas and Functions
  • Reporting like pivot or sumif. How to roll up values by name or category?
    Is there a way to combine cell entries and give the total assigned to that category? Ex.    Project Lead      Cost savings John                      $100 Mary                      $500 Bob                         $400 John           …
    292 4
    292 views 4 comments Most recent by Chris McKay Formulas and Functions
  • Children Formula
    How can a change this formula to use children in a hierarchy instead of the cell references so when I add a row into the hierarchy it returns the correct value without re-setting the range?   =SUMIF([CQA Status]41:[CQA Status]61, "R…
    1 view 1 comment Most recent by p_bureau Formulas and Functions
  • Turnaround time for the month of...
    I have a sheet with thousands of projects.  When a project is finished there is a cell that automatically calculates the turnaround time.  There is also a column for the date the project was finished.  The projects are not ordered by date.…
    51 views 1 comment Most recent by MattH Formulas and Functions
  • Form get value as tekst from som users
    I got a form and the value is present as text some on some users and as number on others.  Why is that ?  The calculations get wrong withe the texts.   Regards Jonathan  (Image)
    11 views 1 comment Most recent by Andrée Starå Formulas and Functions