Formulas and Functions

Archives for June 2021

Discussion List

• How to make synchronized dropdowns?
    In Formulas and Functions
    I would like to learn how to insert in my forms a dropdowns synchronized with a column from other page. It would resolve a lot of mistakes introduced in the forms. Thank you!
    Answered - Pending Review
    12 4
    Answered - Pending Review 12 views 4 comments Most recent by Andrée Starå Formulas and Functions
  • Problem with Health Column Summary Formula
    Hi all, I have a formula counting a task's health based on status. I am now trying to summarize those results in a summary [email protected] using this formula =IF(AND(COUNTIF(CHILDREN(), "Red") >= COUNTIF(CHILDREN(), "Yellow"…
    Accepted
    31 6
    Accepted Answer 31 views 6 comments Most recent by Todd Smelser Formulas and Functions
  • INDEX MATCH Question
    Hi everyone, I need a quick hand with an INDEX MATCH formula. I have a form that has users select their store from a drop down. I have two formula columns that use this entry: Region and then Regional Sales Director (RSD). I need to pull …
    Accepted
    13 4
    Accepted Answer 13 views 4 comments Most recent by Andrée Starå Formulas and Functions
  • SUM with multiple conditions
    Hello Smartsheet Community, Can someone please help me on this. I am trying to get the sum of the entire column from the cross reference sheet and the formula =SUM({Sheet Name Range1},[Primary Column]10) is working fine as of now but I w…
    Accepted
    53 4
    Accepted Answer 53 views 4 comments Most recent by Aatish Chaudhary Formulas and Functions
  • Currency Symbols in SUM Formula
    Hi I am using the SUM formula to total a column cost in my sheet summary. How do I get the £ symbol to show in the sheet summary field so, that when I pull it onto my dashboard it display as a currency figure rather than a random number? …
    Accepted
    13 3
    Accepted Answer 13 views 3 comments Most recent by Andrée Starå Formulas and Functions
  • Help with the count function
    I'm reaching out to the community for assistance with the count function. I'm trying to count every time a line is tagged with the phrase RRB in a column called DLM Type. The formula I'm using is as follows =COUNTIFS(DLM Type:DLM Type, F…
    11 2
    Answered - Pending Review 11 views 2 comments Most recent by Thomas J Ehid Formulas and Functions
  • Overtyping a formulas answer
    I need to automatically calculate a number in one column based on another column, but also need the ability to overrule this result at times and manually enter an answer in the "calculated" column. When I do I don't want to chang…
    12 2
    Answered - Pending Review 12 views 2 comments Most recent by Phil Kinvig Formulas and Functions
  • Hide the rows with error without blocking the calculation
    Hi Guys, I have a scenario here. I need to refer another sheet and I have to skip the count when the cell have any error. How should I perform that in smartsheet. Can anyone help with this one? With Regard lepote Jo
    13 5
    Answered - Pending Review 13 views 5 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome Formulas and Functions
  • Line Chart - Sheet Structure for multiple values
    Hi All I've searched for a solution but again, being so used to just being able to select columns and rows in spreadsheet apps I'm really struggling with creating a line chart which has several columns of data I need to turn into a single …
    Accepted
    28 1
    Accepted Answer 28 views 1 comment Most recent by Daniel Barrett Formulas and Functions
  • Very Simple MONTH Function
    Hi All I know this seems like a waste of a question but I really don't understand why the MONTH function doesn't work My month is formatted to UK DD/MM/YYYY and I have entered =MONTH([Month]) and it doesn't work and either shows INVALID DA…
    Accepted
    1 3
    Accepted Answer 1 view 3 comments Most recent by Neil Watson Formulas and Functions