Hide the rows with error without blocking the calculation

06/30/21
Answered - Pending Review

Hi Guys,

I have a scenario here. I need to refer another sheet and I have to skip the count when the cell have any error. How should I perform that in smartsheet. Can anyone help with this one?

With Regard

lepote Jo

Tags:

Answers

• Paul NewcomePaul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭

You would need to use an IFERROR function on the source data to "remove" the error.

thinkspi.com

• Hi @Paul Newcome ,

Appreciate for you quick response. We can use "IFERROR" formula I got it, but I need some sample formula to follow there

Scenario: I need to perform a COUNT action by referring to the another sheet. In the reference sheet I need to select a column to perform my counting calculation. If I got any error in any of the cell in the column I want to skip that cell and continue my COUNT operation to bring the result.

I need a formula format/example to perform can you kindly assist with this?

With Regards,

Lepote Jo.

Right. So you will need to go to the sheet you are referencing and adjust the formula that is outputting an error. You will need to wrap that formula in an IFERROR.

=IFERROR(original_formula, "")

thinkspi.com

• Hi @Paul Newcome

For more clarification I'll attach the formula here "=IFERROR(COUNT({BP Tracker 2021 Range 5}))"

1. BP Tracker 2021 Range 5 - Reference sheet selected column.
    2. I want to ignore the errors and count the column.

With regards,

Lepote Jo

Ok. Whatever "Range 5" is referencing... Go there. The formula that is triggering an error there, wrap that one in the IFERROR.

thinkspi.com