QuickBooks Desktop and Smartsheet - Possible API Integration?

Options

I have a client that is switching from customized software for Construction Project Management to Smartsheet and is hoping to preserve his ability to have a back-and-forth (or one-way) integration with QuickBooks Desktop. The previous software was using Intuit's QuickBooks Web Connector to integrate the two applications, but as far as I can see that Web Connector is incompatible with Smartsheet.

I am hoping to see if anyone has any experience connecting the two applications via API or some existing third-party application. API Integration is outside of my scope but I want to be able to push him in the right direction.

Thank you for any advice you can offer!

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @KT_H

I hope you're well and safe!

You could potentially use the Premium App, Data Shuttle, to make that work.

Is that an option?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Ryan Sides
    Ryan Sides ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hey @KT_H I'm working on an integration with Quickbooks and Smartsheet now for a client. It can be done in a couple of different ways.

1) Code the APIs for both Quickbooks and SS to talk to each other. This is perfect for when you want to add logic like: combine these 8 rows in SS to create a single invoice in Quickbooks.

2) Use Zapier.com to connect the two together. This is perfect for 1to1 type connections like: for every row in SS, build an invoice in Quickbooks.

I'm happy to chat to shed a little more light if you want. Ryan@WorkflowCreative.com

Ryan Sides

Smartsheet Tips and Tricks for Beginners and Advanced on LinkedIn and YouTube

Come Say Hello!