Having Indented Children enter and leave Reports with Parent

Good Morning Community,

I use reports to give concentrated views of our Master SmartSheet to Project Managers for ease of use and navigation. One example of such a report is an Overdue Est. Installation Date Report that populates into the report when the Est. Installation Date is in the past. I would like the Parent to bring it's indented children into and out of the report with it when the criteria are met or no longer met. Right now the report will let the Children stay independently as the Parent leaves when the Parent no longer meets the criteria, but the children do. This leaves Children behind that you can not tell what project they belong to. The only thing I can think of is making a helper column that makes sure the parents status for reports always gets transferred to the children. Any thoughts?

Tags:

Best Answer

• Ryan Sides
    Ryan Sides ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

@Jesse Hart

This: The only thing I can think of is making a helper column that makes sure the parents status for reports always gets transferred to the children.

It's not ideal but until they add hierarchies into reports, this is what's working for me.

Ryan Sides

Smartsheet Tips and Tricks for Beginners and Advanced on LinkedIn and YouTube

Come Say Hello!

Answers