How to link several filtered row to a Smartsheet ?

HEllo,

Please find below some details :

I have a SmartSheet with my project's Tasks, they all have a specific Sprint index, specified in the sprint index column, and an additional column indicating if it is the current sprint or not (automatically updated based on Today())

I want my team to be able to access only to the Card view with everyone's tasks of the current sprint.

My idea was to create an additional smartsheet from where i collect only the tasks of the Current Sprint column checked. I don't know how to do that.

Or alternatively, can we set up filter for a specific views ? eg : No filter for the grid view, but a filter based on the Current sprint column for the Card view ? I would just have access to the grid view and the rest of the team would have access to the Card view only.

Thank you for your Support ! Romain K.

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @rokdm

I hope you're well and safe!

Have you explored using a Report instead?

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Hi André,

I will have a look at it. I also want the team to be able to at least modify the Task status (In progress, done, etc), do you still think it is a more apropriate solution ?

Thank you, Rokdm

• Hi André,

Report are goods, it limits the access to the data and the way it is displayed. But it can just be opened as Read only in Microsoft Teams (or may be there is some restriction on our side limiting that).

My teams won't have the possibility to mark their tasks as done with a Report.

I am sharing the smartsheet on Microsoft teams direcly to avoid having to access multiple platform.

Thank you for your support, Rokdm

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!